No announcement yet.

G36C, a heartbreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one thing i really hate about this game is the fact that i used to use the Baur in BF2142 and felt slightly respected because it was not an easy gun to control and use effectively. In this game i get killed by any of the weapons and i dont see them as being any more special than any other gun.

Comment

Yeah, the weapons in COD4 generally dont need "specialized use" per se, however, in the same time the weapons are strictly useful in only certain situations. Only assault rifles are the true "generic" kind of weapons and even they differ greatly in their perfomance. In close quarters, the SMGs simply out-damage the assault rifles, and in the long range they become too weak and too inaccurate. This means that changing kits and choosing weapons as a process is pretty much only based on which map one is playing on.

However, weapon and firearm dynamics (their whole function, use, et cetera) is simply... flawless and you can definitely play around with them. Cant bring an AK to a long range firefight, cant mess against an SMG user indoors and when corridors are narrow, and a shotgun user is in sight, you have to be pretty damn careful.

EDIT: As a parallel to this game, SWAT4 weapons are completely different from each other, and each and every one of them requires a distinctive method of use. The game offered a firing range with different kind of targets, in which I personally have invested at least 50-100 hours of my game time, which is unimaginable for games like BF2. The thing Im most interested in for COD4, would be a map-firing-range, which would include all weapons, ****load of ammo, grenades and whatnot, and various firing lanes with dummies, targets and specifically designed ranges for flick-aim training, cover training, wall type recognition and et cetera.

Comment

The less sway on the G36 is what makes all the difference. You can keep you site on your target longer with less effort. The damage, range, and accuracy, otherwise, are identical. The M4 also has lighter recoil. However, all that sway really decreases bullet efficiency, and I'm all about making the least amount of bullets create the largest amount of death.

The M4's advantages are rate of fire and recoil. The G36's advantage is its controllability. IMO, they should make it do a bit more damage than the M4. The G3 and M14 both fire the exact same cartridge, but the G3 does 40 - 30 while the M14 does 50 - 40. The M4 does 30 - 20... why not have the G36 do 35 - 25?

Comment

Personally I hate the gun because of its sights.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
            The damage, range, and accuracy, otherwise, are identical.
            Wrong. While the sway might be more severe, once you let that trigger rip, the grouping at range is much, much, much smaller for M4A1. Which is also the reason why you never see people recommend G36C&ACOG, but you do see a lot of people recommend M4A1&ACOG. The reason is, that even at 1000 units, the grouping with ACOG sights for M4A1 are of the size of a man sized target.

The M4 also has lighter recoil. However, all that sway really decreases bullet efficiency, and I'm all about making the least amount of bullets create the largest amount of death.
            While that would be the case, its not the "sway" that creates the grouping, its the cone of fire. And its inarguably larger for the G36C, in terms of accuracy, thats what makes all the difference.

The G36's advantage is its controllability.
            Recoil in COD4 is a negligible aspect. Theres literally no recoil in the game, theres just increased sway. Shoot a target at range and note that when you stop shooting, the weapon is at its starting spot.

I do agree that its wack, its unfair. Theres no reason whatsoever to pick G36C over M4A1, which is why its such a heartbreaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
              Wrong. While the sway might be more severe, once you let that trigger rip, the grouping at range is much, much, much smaller for M4A1. Which is also the reason why you never see people recommend G36C&ACOG, but you do see a lot of people recommend M4A1&ACOG. The reason is, that even at 1000 units, the grouping with ACOG sights for M4A1 are of the size of a man sized target.
              When you are sited with your weapon, your bullets always go exactly where your aiming reticule, be it iron sites, reflex, or ACOG (since they fixed it), goes. The difference in "accuracy" and grouping at range isn't cone of fire, which is relevant when fired from the hip (from what I've read), but the gun's recoil. The M4 having a higher rate of fire and less recoil means that there is less kick to make bullets go off track. This shows also how the G36 and M4 are used differently. The M4 is more long bursts and spraying, while the G36 goes off of short bursts.

While that would be the case, its not the "sway" that creates the grouping, its the cone of fire. And its inarguably larger for the G36C, in terms of accuracy, thats what makes all the difference.
              I believe it's the recoil. Who ever is spraying a G36 at long range shouldn't be using it anyway, lol. Burst fired, I am pretty sure a G36 will have a tighter group than an M4.

Recoil in COD4 is a negligible aspect. Theres literally no recoil in the game, theres just increased sway. Shoot a target at range and note that when you stop shooting, the weapon is at its starting spot.
              Of course there's recoil. Have you tried firing an Ak-47 at long range? Or quick-tapping an M14? The guns that people use a lot just have light recoil... the M4, MP5, P90, M16, and a few others.

I do agree that its wack, its unfair. Theres no reason whatsoever to pick G36C over M4A1, which is why its such a heartbreaker.
              I pick the G36 over the M4 still. I value its controllability, and thus, capability to put more accurate rounds in on enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
                When you are sited with your weapon, your bullets always go exactly where your aiming reticule, be it iron sites, reflex, or ACOG (since they fixed it), goes. The difference in "accuracy" and grouping at range isn't cone of fire, which is relevant when fired from the hip (from what I've read), but the gun's recoil. The M4 having a higher rate of fire and less recoil means that there is less kick to make bullets go off track. This shows also how the G36 and M4 are used differently. The M4 is more long bursts and spraying, while the G36 goes off of short bursts.
                Wrong, most notably with weapons such as AK47 and AK74U, aswell as many of the SMGs, the bullets do NOT go exactly where the iron sights are, and the grouping becomes increasinly large, going ahead of the sway. If fired in rapid fire at distance, G36C, no matter which methods are used to fire (burst of full auto), the grouping is exceedinly larger than of the M4A1s.

I believe it's the recoil. Who ever is spraying a G36 at long range shouldn't be using it anyway, lol. Burst fired, I am pretty sure a G36 will have a tighter group than an M4.
                Are you "pretty sure" or have you tested it? Because I have tested it. Youre talking against facts here. The only time when the bullet goes where the iron sights are centered, is when youre shooting semi auto (tapping single shots). And even then, Ak47 for example, may NOT hit where aimed at.

Of course there's recoil. Have you tried firing an Ak-47 at long range? Or quick-tapping an M14? The guns that people use a lot just have light recoil... the M4, MP5, P90, M16, and a few others.
                Tested or guessed? Shoot any weapon in the game at full auto, let go and see how far has the reticle moved from the starting position. For weapons like AK47, G36C, M4A1, the reticle will return to its original position. Theres no "traditional" recoil, theres increased sway and cone of random fire. The proof of cone of fire is the grouping itsself.

I pick the G36 over the M4 still. I value its controllability, and thus, capability to put more accurate rounds in on enemies.
                Factually, its wrong. M4A1 is more accurate over range, and its capability of shooting more bullets with the same sized cone of fire at close range, enables it to put more "accurate" rounds in on enemies.

Comment

I did some testing to compare the accuracy of the M4 and the G36C. The results in a nutshell:

Medium range with reflex sights, they are about the same (single fire, 3 shot burst and full mag).
                  Both guns have less bullet spread with iron sights, compared to reflex (full mag).
                  The M4 is far more precise over long distance (full mag).

Now you can argue what's better, single shots or burst... but that thought aside, the fact remains that holding down the trigger with the M4 at long range is a very easy way to kill.

Comment

The only time i would choose the g36 over the M4 is to do the challenges, and when I want to have a silenced assault rifle. I just think the M4 + silencer=ugly, unless it had an Aimpoint or Acog scope and a grenade launcher to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X