Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spik3d
    I take it you play on a console.

And from a PC standpoint that perk you want would be a cheater's dream.
    Yeah, don't do that. Or they'll be a lot of cheaters.

besides, there's HUNDEREDs of servers out there without killcam, just use the server filter!!!

Comment

I have no problems with sniping, when I wanna go and play the "real" sniping stuff, I go play BF games and hang back a bit and pick off distant targets.
      In CoD4, I usually stick with team mates and cover them while not straying any further than 20 metres.

Team mates = protection, just don't run in first.

Comment

About the sniping..
        On CoD:UO and CoD2 there were quite a few sniper mods.
        Bascially, you downloaded maps pecifically for sniping, i.e "2 sides" if you like. And there were also other mods like scope mods so your scope fills the whole screen..

It was fun..

Comment

Use the filter method.

Kill cam not only helps catch cheaters but it also stops the whiners that swear they were just H@x0rd.

I found it to be a good tool also, as the killee, to see what I did wrong.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Dam the USMC must be desperate if they allow 14 year children from Switzerland to join. lol

Comment

I like the killcam. I use it to become a better player as I can see what I did that got me killed. I also like to monitor who is killing me so I can adjust my current play style if I see I'm running into the same opponent.

My suggestion is to remain mobile and patrol selected areas or move back and forth between defined firing positions.

Comment

KC doesn't hurt snipers, it hurts campers. I rarely look at it. Once you know the maps, you will know 9/10 times where you got shot from. Each map only has one or two good spots usually and any good sniper worth his salt stays away from them for the most part because he's asking to be counter-sniped.

Comment

Well, I do not want to brag or anything, but honestly, I rarely ever get killed by other snipers. I say 19 out of 20 time I am killed by some person that I had just killed recently. I know it is because of that damned KillCam too.

If you have a problem with the perk, then obviously 1: you do not snipe very often or 2: you use the KillCam to take out enemy snipers.

I am playing on a console, not a computer. So all this talk about server filters and mods is no use to me. The only way to avoid KillCam for me is to play HC, and thats fine every now and then, but not all the time. So I suggested that it would be a console only perk, so it would not affect non-console players. So please, before you denounce the idea, play a little CoD4 on the console and you will see what I am talking about.

Just saying that it will make it easier for other sniping console players to avoid being killed, cheaply I might add. Hell, I even had a lot of people agree with idea in-game via headset, so I know I am not alone.

Another way to combat this is perhaps, making a non-hardcore, KillCam-less matches on the consoles. That would also suffice.

Comment

I snipe all the time and get long streaks then get killed by nades or a helicopter to find out that there is a kill cam on. Never have really had a problem with people knowing where I am from the kill cam. If you camping while sniping check you radar a lot.

Comment

Meh, if you wanna play on a server without the killcam, come check out FLOT's servers!

Comment

Originally posted by [MIA] crimsonand
                        play on a hardcore server and u dont have to worry about this
                        I don't believe HC mode affects killcam. Same with friendly fire.

Comment

Concealment for a sniper is one thing, but staying on one spot for more than 1-2 mins is foolish. So, killcam should be no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by l33tfodder View Post
                            Concealment for a sniper is one thing, but staying on one spot for more than 1-2 mins is foolish. So, killcam should be no problem.
                            Yeah, I guess I should move around to one spot to another constantly. Because, we all know, there is an abundance of good places to choose from. And since the sniper rifle is so good at close range, I would have no problem defending myself when the oppurtunty arises.

(Pause).

Not.

Comment

Then play on servers where it is disabled...

What was the problem again?

Comment

Sounds like the OP doesnt like the comments and/or poll results.

Theyre just suggestions and this is mostly a PC forum, so most wouldnt know what filters/formats there were.

Maybe play a little less sniper and have some fun. Its all good.

Crunch
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                                X