KillCam = Downfall Of Snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KillCam = Downfall Of Snipers

(Do not know if there is a thread about this already, so forgive me not knowing.)

I am sure everybody can understand what Im talking about simply be reading the title. But if you need explaining, here goes.

Obviously, we all know when you are killed, that the KillCam will pop up before you respawn and show you how the opponent killed you. What my problem is, that for snipers concealment is key. And once you kill somebody, automatically your cover is blown. So anybody that you have recently killed can easily sneek up behind you and do you in. So I am forced to play more hardcore to avoid this from happening, or to stop sniping altogether.

You are forced with few options for insuring your life when sniping.

Constantly moving helps avoid those post-mortem killers, but you run the risk of dieing by the hands of others in close quarters. Unless having Overkill on, you have no great way of self defense except your sidearm.

Claymore/C4 - Can be used to cover your tracks. But easily avoided by being shot by observant assailants. You also only get 2 per life.

So I propose they develop a perk, possibly a blue one, that doesnt allow the enemy to view the KillCam whenever you kill them.

I take it you play on a console.

And from a PC standpoint that perk you want would be a cheater's dream.

Comment

not really, it depends, some spots look so generic that there could be multiple areas plus i dont think that many players would bother going for revenge or make it that far what with all the nades and stuff flying everywhere.

play on non kill cam servers?

also speaking for my self i tend to hammer f when i die because i already know where they are before they killed me because there can only be 1 or 2 spots.

Comment

I think the idea of a perk that would have that sort of effect is kinda cool.

The server I play on most has kill cam disabled on the hardcore mixed so it isn't that big an issue for me, but I understand where your coming from!

Comment

Forgive me for not saying, I am a console player (PS3).

I understand what you mean jackal22, about how some people dont have time to get revenge. I do not know how large PC matches get, but for consoles, the most for regular Team Deathmatch players is 16 I believe. Now, there are some levels where bullets and grenades are flying everywhere, but in those levels there are rarely snipers, (Vacant comes to mind). In some matches though, especially in hardcore, they become extremely slow and people have time to exact revenge on one anther.

A cheaters dream, how so Spik3ed? (I really do not know.)

Comment

its because cheaters are mostly caught in this game due to the kill cam showing their aimbots, wallhacks etc

Without kill cam cheaters become much harder to track.

Comment

I've never had killcam turned on with my clan servers and I never will.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                its because cheaters are mostly caught in this game due to the kill cam showing their aimbots, wallhacks etc

Without kill cam cheaters become much harder to track.

Well, consider it a console only perk than.

Comment

For consoles it would be ok but i do agree with spiked that it would only make cheaters harder to catch.

Comment

didnt think of console game sizes, i suppose it would be ok since there are not that many hacks that are as easy to use for console fpss. most common thing is probably a lag switch...

Comment

Before and after your kill, stay in scoped mode, makes it harder to work out the general direction. Make sure there is no wall/tree/bush in your scope when you kill them, makes it even harder.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09
                        Before and after your kill, stay in scoped mode, makes it harder to work out the general direction. Make sure there is no wall/tree/bush in your scope when you kill them, makes it even harder.
                        Yeah, thats usually what I try to do. I guess the real problem is lack of original hiding spots. Since all the decent ones have been used time and time again, its not hard to realize exactly where they shot you from.

(I had this idea a long time ago, about making just a pure sniping battlefield. It would be similar Bloc, (2 big buildings across from each other), but the buildings larger and more extravagent, and there would be no way to come remotley cloes to one another. I always thought that that would be interesting. It would really test your hiding and spotting skills.)

Comment

play on a hardcore server and u dont have to worry about this

Comment

KillCam is the major tool for showing who is hot and who is a bot.

Your problems are not sniper problems, but camper problems.
                            Everybody depends on concealment in a game where being seen usually means being killed.
                            Just change location once in a while like real snipers do.

Comment

Originally posted by a civilian
                              Leave. the. game. alone.
                              i totally agree with this fellow.

Comment

Working...
                              X