No announcement yet.

Questions before buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think many popular titles live on its predecessor if not all a majority of them do. The upcoming Fuel of War seems promising, but I don't think it is an 'infrantry only' shooter. It has been quite some time the gaming world has not seen an "infrantry-only" shooter. If only Battlefield would have provided one game-mode such as "Infrantry-Only", it would not have started to go down along the popularity curve.

Comment

it did provide infantry only modes?

Comment

I bought it. It is very fast paced. It's not like Battlefield 2, but like Counter-Strike. The weapons are really cool but the recoil is annoying. The sound is very stereo as good as CoD series used to be.

There are no vehicles, so in a way it's like playing Battlefield 2: Special Force.

It is also very good that you don't need to have the disc in the disc drive when playing, just like Company of Heroes.

Comment

Well, mainly what Disavowed said, with a few corrections:

As you probably know, there are jets/helos available for support once you get a certain kill streak. While these main seem frustrating at times, they add another level to the game.

The hit detection is comparable to Counter Strike: Source - being much better than Battlefield 2. If you hit somebody on your screen, or you "should hit somebody", you do.

Also, you don't need a disc in your drive to play multiplayer, but you do for singleplayer.

A great game - it may not last as long as Battlefield 2 - but it is a great game.

Comment

It is not easy to explain the phenonmenon of the Battlefield series being lasting for so long. Having checked on Gamemonitor Counter Strike is also long lasting game.

Perhaps that maddly run adn kill sort of thing in Call of Duty will eventually stress out players and then the game begins to get fewer and fwere participants. Very little people playing COD 1 for instance.

Having said that it's always better than being a new game but no online players practically.

Since I started playing the CoD series from day zero Call of Duty gives me an impression that it is so fast paced. Even we are confined to small combat area in SWAT 4, I and everyone still have time to think before we shoot, but CoD forces you fire before you think that's the major difference.

Comment

I personally think if the modding aspect of CoD4 really takes off, this game will last a very long time.

Comment

Working...
              X