No announcement yet.

Is UAV Jammer Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it on my sniper kit and my Stealth kit, both work well, i just dont find it too useful on my sniper kit because i only have to fire a shot and im on the radar anyway.

Comment

Well, I have 2 sets of kits:

M40 + C4 (Or Band.) + UAV + Iron Lungs

and

M40 + C4 (Or Band.) + Stopping + Iron Lungs

The first one I use for hardcore, as one shot takes down most targets without stopping power. I use the second one on regular servers to compensate for the reduced damage.

Not having UAV Jammer actually hasn't made much of a difference for me so far...

Comment

I find it useful if I intend to stay further away from my team and intend to do lone journeys deep into enemy lines. Works great when the UAV for the enemy is on, that way they lose their concentration when there aren't any red dots about for them on their compass near 'em.

Comment

yea unless your weapon is silenced, whenever you fire your gun you're negating the UAV jammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            yea unless your weapon is silenced, whenever you fire your gun you're negating the UAV jammer.
            Only partially...the red blip that shows up on the mini-map when you fire your weapon is stationary, and fades away after a few seconds. The enemy only knows that someone was there at that point in time. As long as you keep moving, and use smart cover, they won't know exactly where you are after that.

Comment

Personally, the UAV jammer is useless with the sniper, you are going to have to fire that unsilenced weapon at one point or the other.

Use UAV jammer as a recon kit, along with a powerful yet silenced weapon (AK-47), its pretty useful.

Comment

Didnt think much of the jammer at first, but now indespensible on a couple of kits.

As stated with a slinced weapon (currentlly using a m16 for a vit of accurate distance shooting - previouslly using g36c/mp5/p90 which were all great close up) its excellent. When using a silenced smg with conditioning perk and jammer flanking was great and the number of sneaky knife kills is magic too

I use this the jammer on my sniper kit (barrett 50) with overkill I use a slinced ak74 in case anybody sees my blip on the radar on firing and wanna get close.

Sum up - a good perk that can be used to excellent effect

Comment

As mentioned - UAV jammer only works when there's a only a few people on the map. Played 3v3 on Wetworks the other day. Pulled up the UAV and noticed only 1 dot. two of the other team had UAV jammers so I couldnt' find them. However, playing Strike this morning 9v9, it didn't matter cuz I never really looked at the minimap much anyway - too many people running around.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips79
                    As mentioned - UAV jammer only works when there's a only a few people on the map. Played 3v3 on Wetworks the other day. Pulled up the UAV and noticed only 1 dot. two of the other team had UAV jammers so I couldnt' find them. However, playing Strike this morning 9v9, it didn't matter cuz I never really looked at the minimap much anyway - too many people running around.
                    Nonsense :laugh:

I play normally 32 player servers and use UAV Jammer very successfully... in fact more players the better, more dots showing up on enemy minimap for me to get away from and flank.

And.. Always use the minimap FFS!

Comment

yea i have to agree, the mini map is an invaluable tool.

Comment

Yep. Not looking at the minimap is an open invitation to get killed.

Also the more people on a server, the more frequent the enemy UAVs. It's not about the amount of people but the style you're playing.

Comment

Originally posted by sfcthebam
                          Nonsense :laugh:

I play normally 32 player servers and use UAV Jammer very successfully... in fact more players the better, more dots showing up on enemy minimap for me to get away from and flank.

And.. Always use the minimap FFS!
                          Agreed...

I play mostly on 32 man tdm servers(or mixed) and ghillie and UAV Jammer has worked for me so far with approx 85-90% success rate(counting from the times i have been sitting in middle of the enemies or sniping side by side with enemy sniper).

And minimap... I look the minimap constatly...

Comment

Wee sneaky kit vid [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1am3eIKwvY[/media]

Comment

lol - niiiiiice

Comment

Yeah, I love it on my super sneaky kit with silenced M4. I get most of my kills when the enemy has their radar up because it gives them a false sense of security when they don't see any blips near them on their radar.

Comment

Working...
                                X