Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is UAV Jammer Worth It?

Well,
    it's not really a personal question - I use it on hardcore games, and don't use it in regular games. But as of recently I've begun to wonder if it really is worth it to use it. So, you tell me based on the following information:

1) Even if you are a lonewolf sniper, chances are you will have a fellow teammate camping right alongside you without UAV Jammer.

2) Your close proximity to your team - with average players who don't use UAV Jammer - will lead the enemy to search your position despite you having the Jammer.

So, even though you may not show up on the enemy radar, a teammate may, and his position just might give you away, making perk number 2 a waste.

Thoughts?

It depends on your game style and the server I guess.

My sniping class has UAV jamming, and it works pretty well, I just tend to distance myself from the rest of the squad.

I have an assault class with UAV jamming also, again when I use this class I tend to split from the squad and go off on the opposing flank, then take the enemies down from behind .

Comment

IMO it would make more of a difference the smaller your server gets, but I still prefer Stopping Power.

Comment

i sometimes use it with my autoshotgun and sneak up from behind

Comment

If your enemies looks at the minimap frequently while UAV is up, then the UAV Jammer is kinda worth it.

Comment

Well, it also affects airstrikes and the sort... even if you're hidden, when the enemy places and A.S. and sees 90% of your team right next to you, the airstrike will still kill you.

Comment

I think it's worth it...

I have it on my sniper kit.

Because i tend to end up to the spot where enemy spawns, it helps me to stay hidden even if they have uav online...

Comment

I use this on my "stealth" set up, silenced ge6c or w/e it called uav jammer and deathly silence.i find it effective for my style of play, which is being a sneaky bastard and getting behind enemy lines

Comment

I think we play very differently as I'm an in-yer-face CQC player on softcore servers. The UAV Jammer is indisposable when there is always a minimap and you're angling for a proper flanking of the enemy.

Comment

I always use UAV jammer with my default kit (Silenced P90/3xStun/Dead Silence) and I find it quite indispensable.

Most of the games I play, when the enemy UAV is up, I know I can safely go around the back and hit them from behind. This would be suicide if I didn't have UAV jammer, but thanks to it I can net a lot of kills from unaware opponents, much more then I could if I had stopping power or double tap.

But I guess it's up to your playstyle. If you prefer to go directly to the frontline and attack from where the enemy expects you, then you might want to consider some other perk.

If however you like to flank, the UAV jammer is the best perk for the job.

Comment

I really like the UAV Jammer, but I think it's less important on Hardcore servers, where the mini-map isn't always active.

I use it quite a bit on "regular" servers, however, and have noticed I die less and have more success with it.

Comment

on hardcore server with many people where there are frequent UAV scans, it probably is worth it, but a small server where UAV scan isn't frequent i'd rather use something else.

Comment

I find it quite useless, since COD4 is pretty much a run-n-gun type game. Your better off with another perk (ie: Stopping power, overkill)

Comment

jammer + silenced weapon = free kills

however if your playing an especially fraggy map then there is no point. also as said already the idiot that stops next to you and pulls out his un-silenced weapon will condemn you both to death.

but on some maps like overgrown it rocks so much its not even funny

edit: only time i get rid of uav jammer is for overkill on my training class to help get the new unlocks up to speed quicker. stopping power is just really a save of a few bullets, not that worth it, just aim better to compensate and get a few more bullets on target.

Comment

That's how I see it too. While Stopping Power is a great perk, all I have to do is hit them one more time without it. Most often I can pull that off with ease -- especially when I'm attacking their flank.

Comment

Working...
                              X