No announcement yet.

who else has converted to cod4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... I have heard of Army Men... the little toy guys.

But an FPS...? No.

Comment

my main game was bf2142, but i got fed up with the bugs/crappy support and bought COD4. i still play a little bit of bf2142, but nowhere close to before, and bf2142 now feels like it's a slideshow after being used to good performance on COD4.

still, i have a thing for vehicular warfare and huge maps; i want IW to make a game incorporating those two plus 64 player support and show 'em how it's done and put DICE/EA out of its misery. i thought id software would do it with quakewars but that was such a huge disappointment. i don't really understand why other developers don't try to compete in the battlefield type fps genre, it can really use some good competition.

Comment

I've come from BF2/2142, the first & second on-line Fps i've ever played.
        I played CS 1.5/firearms mod/Day of Defeat but with bots, i had a very bad connection at those times.
        Cod4 is a great game. Fun and very dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
          Well... I have heard of Army Men... the little toy guys.

But an FPS...? No.
          Sarge's war was fps....

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313
            Sarge's war was fps....
            yea it is and that game rocked

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
              I bought it on steam yesterday (They have a 10% Christmas discount on it), so I haven't had the time to try more than a few singleplayer missions.

I still don't know what to expect from MP
              Well I now had the opportunity to try multiplayer, and I love it.
              I feared that it would be UT-like run-and-gun, but I have no problem using the playstyle from BF2142.
              My other fear of it depending too much on map knowledge also seems to be baseless, I do OK without knowing any of the maps.

So far it feels like it rewards good aim much more than Battlefield.

Comment

Yeah, like all the other games do. Here you don`t get that deviation, cone of fire bs which just makes hitting you target 50% luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood
                  yea it is and that game rocked
                  :yay:

This text is just a filler...

Comment

for xmas i got halo 2, but it doesn't work with my computer cause i don't have vista. so yesterday i traded it in for Cod4. i love it
                    i will still play bf2, just not as much
                    i've found that in cod4, your guns suck at low ranks
                    if put on a graph, my kill/death ratio would get better as my rank got better

Comment

I disagree that the weapons suck at low ranks. The M16A4 is one of the deadliest rifles in the game. I can go on...

Comment

yup m16 is the best weapon in the game for me.

Comment

M16+m203 and stopping power= pure evil.

Comment

Working...
                          X