Halp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halp!

Well to make a long story short, my computer in infested with viruses, trojans etc, and I need to reformat it (apparently).

The only preoblem Ive heard that you need the windows install disks to do this. PROBLEM! The computer came ready installed with XP, so i dont have them.

Is there some way to reformat ((or something equivilent)) my pc so that I can start from scratch (like when you first buy a computer and itsjust the basic os) without the discs. Any help, or just a link to a webby would be much apreceated:salute:

Re: Halp!

Read my PM i'm about to send.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
      Read my PM i'm about to send.
      No dice alex :P, any other suggstions??

Comment

stop downloading p0rn...

Im afraid you'll have to purchase XP again :/

Comment

Im not downloading pr0n atm.....

ok that was a lie :P

Comment

Scan the crap out of it? spybot search and destroy, ad-adware.se avg should do some good, download hijackthis and post your log here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
              Scan the crap out of it? spybot search and destroy, ad-adware.se avg should do some good, download hijackthis and post your log here.
              done that that that and taht.

Comment

Not many peeps know how to read Hijackthis logs. I can just about find things, but its fairly hard since you don't know what strange programs they may have.

Comment

wat happened after u done that that and that

if u have a bad virus (where it regenerates itself after u delete it) u may have to find programs made specific to remove those viruses.

btw didnt u get a restore disk for windows when u bought the comp. thats wat they ususally giv when xp is already installed

Comment

yes as cnscript said any pre built usually has some kind of recovery disk.

Comment

The pirates sailed through torrential rain to find new windows using a different onboard computer

C:\yourvendorname usually has an ISO file ready to burn and reinstall with.

Comment

Ok, here's what you do, you download hitman pro. What this program does is it downloads about 10 popular anti-virus program trials(spybot search and destroy, adware se, spyblaster, ect.). Since some of these programs are trials and only find the problems, hitman pro goes in and actually deletes what all these programs find. It worked great for me, found about 400 adware, spyware, and a pesky little IE hijacker that I had gotten from somewhere.

Here's a link: www.hitmanpro.nl/

Comment

Hes got an XP disc now.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                            Hes got an XP disc now.
                            eheheheheh......

Today I was moving files to the virus vault, and I moved some vital dlls that were infected, first the themes went, and then the pc crashed

Comment

:yay: Reinstall Time!

Comment

Working...
                              X