This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Rant

After playing CoD4 for a month i have come to the seeing that bf2 hit detection is epicly STUPID takes 2 shots to the head to kill somone? The bullets miss alot and the hitboxes are out of place when people go up and down. DO NOT get me wrong i used to play bf2 for hours upon hours and i was very good used to get top 3 every map in infantry only, But after coming back to bf2 i cant play anymore the aiming is stupid i put shots into people and they sponge it and keep going. CoD 4 is crap also but its not that bad when your in a room with high rank players who rush and dont care about score. CoD4 is a good game but the people are it are the biggest bitches and vaginas i have ever sene in my life. You try and rush one round some noob is hiding around a coner SPRAYING his gun and kills you no prob. That is also an pathetic thing of cod4 the game is 100% SPRAY AND PRAY the motto is " If you cant see them shoot in the general area you will hit something" The game is in graphics amazing the single player was amazing the online is HORRID. I think im going to buy cs and have acctualy deal with people who can aim their guns, aside form the aimbots it should not be that bad.

Sorry is my spelling is bad just typed this up fast.

oh, well they opened up a new feature for battlefield 2, it makes the hit detection better, but it requires a better computer. while in the game, hit alt-f4, and it will automatically go into the 'super mode'
    some servers have it switched on so its server-side some of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by srgtcollins View Post
      oh, well they opened up a new feature for battlefield 2, it makes the hit detection better, but it requires a better computer. while in the game, hit alt-f4, and it will automatically go into the 'super mode'
      some servers have it switched on so its server-side some of the time.
      F10 is the same in counter strike.

Comment

WOW IT WORKED TY BRO!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm
        /fail

Comment

BF2, what can you do? Might as well be happy that perhaps you have survived to heatshot from the dude and he was probably pissed off as-well.

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk View Post
            BF2, what can you do? Might as well be happy that perhaps you have survived to heatshot from the dude and he was probably pissed off as-well.
            true true, but i dont know i want to find a fun fps that takes skill seems like bf2 was but its not the type of game you would play in lan cafe's with your boys.. cod 4 is a JOKE LOL

Comment

It seems to me that in BF2, we've sacrificed a lot of hit-detection goodness for other things. Sure, CSS has great hit detection (most of the time) but in CSS can you grab a tank, helicopter, jet and push the hit detection to it's limit? No, you can only use guns. Plus the maps are 100 times bigger relatively.

Comment

I rather have a perfect infantry-only game then a half-arsed game with both infantry and vehicles.

Comment

COD4's gameplay variety and mechanics are astounding compared with BF2. The only thing the latter has going for it is vehicles: everything else is better in Call of Duty...

And this is coming from a guy who's fairly average in performance in COD4. It's really that much more enjoyable than BF2. At least when you shoot someone, it registers and actually feels right.

I only come back to BF2 for chopper wh0ring. Everything else can suck my fat rooster. Bigpoppa has that privilege too, I guess...

Comment

COD does have a better feel for the guns, but BF2 is a close second and realize that it is a much older game. I like COD 4, but I'm sure that BF3 if it ever comes out will blow COD out of the water.

Comment

Call of duty is possibly the worst game for hit boxes, its really crap. I play both COD and BF2, the harsh reality of it is, BF2 has the vehicles, therfore the most enjoyable game, if you get a server with a good admin then BF2 kicks cods *** all over. Depends what you like, myself i love the vehicles, jet fighters, jeeps, tanks choppers, its a real war game. Its what cods been missing and they still haven't got a clue. Bf2 Vs Cod4, Bf2 wins, Cod is a wannabe BF2 game without vehicles......enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                        I rather have a perfect infantry-only game then a half-arsed game with both infantry and vehicles.
                        Really? Then you seem to be a very boring person, I find infantry only games get tedious & repetitive very quickly. Besides, BF2 is a long way off "half-arsed", the whole battlefield situation is performed excellently.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                          Vehicles make the game, Cod 2 i can play what 20 minutes before im bored out of my head, BF2 if u get bored, damn man just start doin some insane flying or racing around the map, fun fun fun. Only thing that ruins vehicles are the noobs that cry and stand infront of ur vehicle and say i want upsy:cry:

Comment

Myself? I just love blowing up a full Pig with a tv guided missle.
                            BLAMMO! :yay:
                            You cant get that kind of fun in COD4!

BF2>COD4

Comment

I'm probably one of the only people on this board who has yet to play CoD4 (don't worry, I plan on doing so at some point, so no lynch mobs please), but I will say this: I don't enjoy BF2 because it's an omgwtfpwn infantry game, I play it because of how immersive the vehicles and maps are. Vehicles just add a whole new dimension and feel to the game that a strict infantry shooter doesn't. I like driving tanks, blowing up tanks, having to hide from enemy tanks, taking cover from helicopter and jet bombing raids and flying a helicopter of my own, and so forth. Probably the reason I've never played infantry only mode - the vehicles make the game so open and diverse that to take them away seems counterproductive to the whole BF feeling.

Not that I have a problem with people who prefer IO (I used to, yes, but I'm over that now ), but I just don't see the draw when the only thing you face is other infantry and you can never be sitting at an infantry stalemate only to have someone on your team come rumbling down the road in a Type-98 and clear the path for you, while the enemy is focused on the tank your soldiers sneak in behind the distracted enemy. Or to be holed up against an enemy tank only to have the MiG-29 blow it away, saving your whole squad from extinction. That kind of diversity is why BF is the only online wargame for me. :salute:

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                              X