Punkbuster wants me DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster wants me DEAD!

K, I bought CoD4 off of Gamestop.com via download and it is just giving me problems.

Before I was ever able to run the game I had to download something about PunkBuster. But, when I get into multiplayer it says "Punkbuster failed to initialize, disabling Punkbuster".

So, I go to Options and manually turn it on. But, when I get in the game after about 40-60 seconds it goes
    "Notice
    stewie-Y PunkBuster kicked player
    'stewie-Y' {for 0 minutes) ... PB INIT FAILURE"

So I can play the game for a minute, then I have to rejoin. Getting really annoying. Any help?

P.S. Support page is dead.

Go to evenbalance.com and manually update PunkBuster.

I'd suggest using PB setup. http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
      Go to evenbalance.com and manually update PunkBuster.

I'd suggest using PB setup. http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
      Yea, I think that worked. Not getting the "PunkBuster failed to initialize" message. But, now I can't connect to any servers. Just getting "Error - Server connection timed out." Totally regretting trying this download stuff...

Comment

I hear you man, I waited two weeks for this game to hit stores here in Turkey, and when they still didn't have it I said "screw it" and downloaded it from bestbuy.com. Of course, it was in stores a day later and I had already paid for the game. I do like running the game without a disc, but I could make an .iso and it's not worth the hassle of having to wait for my stupid vendor to make a patch for my digital version (still waiting for 1.4).

Comment

Originally posted by DGutierrez32 View Post
          I hear you man, I waited two weeks for this game to hit stores here in Turkey, and when they still didn't have it I said "screw it" and downloaded it from bestbuy.com. Of course, it was in stores a day later and I had already paid for the game. I do like running the game without a disc, but I could make an .iso and it's not worth the hassle of having to wait for my stupid vendor to make a patch for my digital version (still waiting for 1.4).
          You can run COD 4 retail without a disc in the drive without any special programs.

Comment

Salt in the wound, my friend. Salt in the wound...

Comment

DGut, the server timeout thing happens. If you try the server again you usually connect.

There is also a command to increase the connect time from 10 seconds to however many. I **THINK** its \connecttimeout, but you may have to do a search on it. Its in the forums for sure. You might have to do a search on \, 10, and 30, that will narrow it down a lot for you.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

create a 'pb' folder in the cod4 directory and put all the punkbuster stuff in there. The punkbuster installer included on the disc was useless so I just copied the pb folder from battlefield 2 and it worked great.

Comment

Working...
                X