Finally - I think I know how to make F-35B escape J10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
    Okay, well back on the original subject, I just got off of the <TNT> Wake 24/7 server, and there was this person, sky_lady, who would always switch to the US team and play the F-35, and not <i>once</i> did I see her (him?) get killed by the J-10, and she shot down numerous J-10s. It was f'n incredible. One time I watched her on chase cam for 2/3 of the round and she never even took one J-10 missile the whole time. She did that evade trick shown in the videos, then came back down to earth, found the J-10, and somehow managed to make the missiles track and hit the J-10s almost every time. It was a thing of beauty, and it was hilarious watching the J-10 pilots b!tch and/or cry hax every time they died. Come to find out it was sky_lady who made the videos, so I guess you'd have to have seen it first-hand to believe it. Although it would have been interesting if we'd have had some experts like Chris or PlaneWhore (wherever he is now) in the J-10, but against the pilots the Chinese team did have it was very entertaining to watch.

Plus every time someone asked how come the missiles weren't hitting her, she posted the flyf35.com website, so that was another clue.

~Wolfgang
    Dont take this as dishing ones skill. Check through the videos on his/her homepage. His evasion is a cookiecut maneuver that is easily overcome if the opposition is dedicated and "bloodthirsty". It works, its effective, but not always. His opposition in the J10s were obviously sub par aswell.

Id take note on the maneuver, but I personally want to keep my options as limitless as humanly possible.

Comment

Whoever made those videos flew like I did about a year and a half ago (not in a good way).

Except I've never just spam all of my missles to kill J-10's.. it's about timing and angle.

Of course I don't really play/fly (F-35B's) much anymore because my computer sucks balls. Between the ping spikes, random disconnects, and computer crashes each round (yes, not CTD.. just a full on frozen computer that I have to restart), it gets pretty annoying. If it weren't for that I would still be playing alot.. but I can't really anymore. The times I do play I get to enjoy a nice 15-25 FPS.

I still never got around to making a bunch of videos like I said I would.. but I can't... So I'm pretty much just limited to typing.

Edit: I just watched more videos.. I think my grandma would have a quicker reaction time to the J-10's trailing her, and whoever is in those videos doesn't use fly-by.. a MUST for.. well really any jet, but a must for F-35B's because you need to have the best situational awareness possible.. and for that you need to use fly-by correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
        Dont take this as dishing ones skill. Check through the videos on his/her homepage. His evasion is a cookiecut maneuver that is easily overcome if the opposition is dedicated and "bloodthirsty". It works, its effective, but not always. His opposition in the J10s were obviously sub par aswell.

Id take note on the maneuver, but I personally want to keep my options as limitless as humanly possible.
        Well I'm not really one to judge flying skill because I, myself, have almost no skills in that area, but he seemed to do okay. But you're right, no doubt against competant pilots he would have been toast.

It's a shame you never got around to making a video, metallica. I've always loved watching jet videos (not stunts, but actual gameplay) because it's entertaining, and awe-inspiring, to watch a master of their craft at work. The only one I've seen of the F35 is PlaneWhore's video on Oman, otherwise I've only seen J-10 videos. It would have been great to see your 99-0 round on Wake, that's for sure. You wouldn't happen to have a BR of that, would you?

~Wolfgang

Comment

Metallica has one full round video released, a very good one for a new pilot. PW has a J10 full round (LOL) online. Quite a few chopper pilots have decent videos out. European jet pilots have quite a few 1 vs 1 videos (not ownage videos per se, which makes them very good). Many videos arent available on youtube, the better stuff is in fileplanet for example (or was it filefront).

Comment

I remember PW's 1.2 Wake video, but he took that down a while ago, if that's the one you mean. I checked the media section and the only videos I found were stunt videos.

I did just find an 18 minute video by metallica on googlevideo (forgot he didn't have an 'i' in 'guitarst'...no wonder I didn't find anything the first time ), if that's the one you mean. That's some damn good flying, too.

~Wolfgang

Comment

there are much easier ways to lose a j10, yes you can climb to 850 feet and fall, or you can hold it at 850 feet and rocket around the map and lose him, if you go straight up... youll come straight down, but youre out of the fight for a very long time. My definition of stratoruning is just that, running on the edge of where you almost lose control but dont, most people think its the going straight up and praying the j10 doesnt pursue, hope is a tool for the weak in this game, I suggest you read my guide on bf2s, it outlines how to properly stratorun.

Comment

I've killed f35s that tried to run away i tracked them diown and hit em while they were stalling. I can say that your tactics are totally ineffective but I won't go into details because that is classified information.

Comment

That stratorun seems like it's an effective tacitc. I'll have to try it one of these days, although I'm lucky if I even get in a jet in the first place, but I guess that's my problem not yours.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                  X