• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
    A pilots are able to look back IRL
    Not from 30 metres in front of the jet.

Comment

^^Meh Who cares

Comment

BUT!, he stalled his plane, thus signing his death sentence, you might aswel let the guy kill you and give him some points to make him happy instead of flying off the map and dying a slow death, taking longer to get back into the war.

Comment

^^Not really

Comment

Easy target.

2 missiles, straight up, full afterburners. 2 missiles follow. Spot out, cut throttle to ~30%, stay in control at stratosphere, follow spotted target, fire 2 missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
              It's the reliance on J-10 pilots to break engagement that makes the stratorun so effective.

Every-time you stop chasing, the F-35B pilot gets another crack at finding you, and taking you down with his cannons.
              I go for easy points, don't like long and tiresome dogfighting and stratoruns Yea I know it is great to kill a good pilot in J10 but sad that I've met only 1 good f35 pilot. He actually likes pissing J10s, similar to videos on that site making comments etc, might be a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                ^^Not really
                oh rly? not if they have eyes in the back of their head.

Comment

Huh.....?

Comment

lol..

Ok.. first off those videos only show flare timing/technique. Technique because he launches the flares out by doing a quick barrel roll. You can either do that or pop your *** end up and launch them above you and then go back down so the flares are above your jet and the missles go right past you.

And that guy is an idiot. Instead of going straight up and stalling, you have to go straight up and get to the ceiling as fast as possible.. there are many ways to do it.. the way I find is best, is doing an S (really like 2 or 3) until you get up to the ceiling and then you are free to go supersonic.

The biggest key to staying alive is to make sure you have 3/4 AB left and flares ready.. If you have no flares you are pretty much dead, unless you have full AB and you're already up high, in which case you can try to outrun the missles by going supersonic but still being conservative with the AB (tap or burst the ab) because the missles follow you for like 10 seconds at least.

I don't know if any of that makes sense.. but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by XmetallicaXguitarstX
                      lol..

Ok.. first off those videos only show flare timing/technique. Technique because he launches the flares out by doing a quick barrel roll. You can either do that or pop your *** end up and launch them above you and then go back down so the flares are above your jet and the missles go right past you.

And that guy is an idiot. Instead of going straight up and stalling, you have to go straight up and get to the ceiling as fast as possible.. there are many ways to do it.. the way I find is best, is doing an S (really like 2 or 3) until you get up to the ceiling and then you are free to go supersonic.

The biggest key to staying alive is to make sure you have 3/4 AB left and flares ready.. If you have no flares you are pretty much dead, unless you have full AB and you're already up high, in which case you can try to outrun the missles by going supersonic but still being conservative with the AB (tap or burst the ab) because the missles follow you for like 10 seconds at least.

Bingo. The reason you need to go supersonic, is because you need to outrun the missiles, which have a 10 second lifetime, or a 375 metre "field of vision". So you either outrun them until they die, or outrun their field of vision so they "lose you". This guy basically stalls, has no speed, no flares and no maneuverability, which makes him a great target for missiles. Up there, missile connectivity is high, because of the limited maneuverability. I imagine this "trick" to work once or twice on a good pilot, because its fairly unconventional, but past that, only a moron would fall for it.

Comment

What is the correct technique of stratoruns in f35? Fly a bit above 800 and tap or hold AB? Do you make turns while stratorun? I guess you must make a turn if you run out of bonds

Never had time to master F35 tricks

Comment

I tap, personally. It keeps the speed above the desired treshold and makes the AB last about twice as long.

Comment

Originally posted by XmetallicaXguitarstX

To those of us who have suffered to learn how to pilot a F35-B correctly, it makes perfect sense. :salute:

I may just snake some of your awesome information, and make a strategy guide out of it to post on the EncyClanPedia.

Comment

Okay, well back on the original subject, I just got off of the <TNT> Wake 24/7 server, and there was this person, sky_lady, who would always switch to the US team and play the F-35, and not <i>once</i> did I see her (him?) get killed by the J-10, and she shot down numerous J-10s. It was f'n incredible. One time I watched her on chase cam for 2/3 of the round and she never even took one J-10 missile the whole time. She did that evade trick shown in the videos, then came back down to earth, found the J-10, and somehow managed to make the missiles track and hit the J-10s almost every time. It was a thing of beauty, and it was hilarious watching the J-10 pilots b!tch and/or cry hax every time they died. Come to find out it was sky_lady who made the videos, so I guess you'd have to have seen it first-hand to believe it. Although it would have been interesting if we'd have had some experts like Chris or PlaneWhore (wherever he is now) in the J-10, but against the pilots the Chinese team did have it was very entertaining to watch.

Plus every time someone asked how come the missiles weren't hitting her, she posted the flyf35.com website, so that was another clue.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Back in the day I flew against some awesome J-10 pilots in my clan. Eventually after flying the F-35 to no real success I found what worked for me.

Pretty much with the F-35 I had to use obstructions, airspeed and flares in unison to shake a J-10. I soon realised that just about every J-10 pilot is kill happy, they tended to focus more on the attack angle than what they where flying around. My best combination would be to get down and inbetween buildings, cranes, bridges, trees and what not twisting and turning, then flare out spout flares and cut power and try to roll a high-scissors like move to atleast get parrellel with the J-10 ifnot behind it. Also, I got to where I'd just switch into bombing mode and engage all J-10's with guns, rather than having the lock-on buzzer going off and alerting the J-10 to your presence.

Comment

Working...
                                X