No announcement yet.

Voice acting - no, they still arent getting it done properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big deal, if it was in a foreign language you wouldnt understand it and ther are no captions in the game so it would make the voice thing just extra noise. its fine the way they did it, unless they add captions.

Comment

How bloody hard would it be to remember how the commands sound like in arabic or russian?

Comment

Well, I don't speak Russian. And I never realy heard them anyway, I only hear the tick or the clack of claymores and grenade launchers. And then that lame text saying "You were killed by xXxXxXx".

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
          How bloody hard would it be to remember how the commands sound like in arabic or russian?
          It takes some time, but you will get them...

In BF2142 Pac spoke Russian(i think) and at start i was like "Wtf did he just say" and watching the chat screen.. But after a while you kinda got used to them and knew when someone screamed for medic etc...

Comment

Don't ALL campaign video games use fake accents?

Comment

I have had this game for 6 days and have never once been on the russian team.

LOL

Comment

I found the Russian voices in BF2142 funny, no offence to anyone, but they just added a fun factor to the game

The ones in CoD4 sound too serious :/

Comment

Yeah BF2142 was a laugh, first time I heard 'em I actually chuckled, so wierd.

Comment

Listen to the BF1942 Russian voices and then listen to BF2142 PAC voices... Yeah, they sound exactly alike and not much variation between the two.

Comment

May sound ignorant, but I've only ever heard a person speak Russian once, I didn't understand a word, but I never learned Russian.

To me they sound good and I couldn't care less about proper voice acting.

Then again, in almost all WW2 games, the German voice covers are done a bit weird imo, but that's how the majority of ppl who play the game like to hear them, it's symbolic. I think it's the same with the Russian voices, but I wouldn't know since I don't know any Russian.

Comment

Well, I know german alright, not perfect, but enough to understand i discusion.

And I gota say the COD2 german words were right, but I thought the accent was a little strange. Maybe it's normal, I'm no expert, anybody know if the accents were accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                          Well, I know german alright, not perfect, but enough to understand i discusion.

And I gota say the COD2 german words were right, but I thought the accent was a little strange. Maybe it's normal, I'm no expert, anybody know if the accents were accurate?
                          Some were, some werent. Some accents were well immitated and some were just plain wrong or non existant.

Comment

Working...
                          X