Stacked Teams..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacked Teams..................

First off I don't belong to any clan and play on alot of different servers, some more than others. What bothers me is the number of clans that stack the teams in such a way that they can't lose. Why even play if a game or any game if it isn't competitive! To me this is just another form of stat padding even if it is legal. If you join a server run by a clan you are auto sent to the schmoe side with almost no chance of winning.

The reason that I am flaming about this subject is because I was playing on a certain server running the Suez map and controlled by a clan. I will not mention any names but one of the people that is constantly posting on this forum ( bragging about how good he is ) was whoring the gunship because the schmoe side had no competent gunship pilot. Then when the shields went down he was right there with his clanmates and a hand full of RDX. Anyway the schmoes lost as usual. After witnessing this for 2 rounds I was gone.

Like I said what is the purpose of playing if a game is not remotely competitive?

well don't play it then, if the whole clan is out for the war college ribbon then any sensible player should choose another server.
    if you want to stay by all means, just play by their rules... its their server anw *shrug*

Comment

I play in the midsize conquest servers where clan activities are important but not overruling. Any tight knit squad can push a server, not just a clan. I guess you could say this game promotes teamwork... hmmm. So consider joining a clan, or take squad leader and get your group organized.

Comment

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
        well don't play it then, if the whole clan is out for the war college ribbon then any sensible player should choose another server.
        if you want to stay by all means, just play by their rules... its their server anw *shrug*

what ever happened to sportsmanship? I personally feel the war ribbon is a joke and there is no real way to earn it other than stacking sides with your clan or switching sides to get an easy win. If you play on pubs for fun there is no way in the world you could ever legitimately win that award.

Comment

Thanks for the support.......

Originally posted by Killerus
          what ever happened to sportsmanship? I personally feel the war ribbon is a joke and there is no real way to earn it other than stacking sides with your clan or switching sides to get an easy win. If you play on pubs for fun there is no way in the world you could ever legitimately win that award.
          At least there are some people left playing the game that understand the point I was trying to make.
          #1 I understand it is their server
          #2 I abided by the rules ( even though I disagree with them )
          #3 Nobody on the schmoe side would squad up
          #4 I left the server after seeing the futility in playing

#5 I am sorry now that I even posted on this subject as there are so few players that care about sportsmanship, only rank and awards!

Comment

I also think that clans who stack sides so much that they are non-competitive are skind of pathetic.

I have been on the winning "schmoe" side of these situations, but only when:

1. My side squadded up (and used VOIP)
            2. Had a competent gunship pilot
            3. Was full of Brigs (maybe you only get 1 and 2 if you have 3)

Otherwise you tend to get very quick rounds.

Comment

Own the clan, easily done with skill

Comment

Hey man, who said war should be fair? People like to win, and many are content to stack their teams (cheat in other words) to ensure they win every time.

In my humble opinion, the War College Ribbon is vastly overrated. It takes 60 Commander hours to fulfill the global requirements, which is a complete snoozefest. I am having trouble making myself get the 10 hours in for Distinguished Unit Service ribbon, so I know I will never play commander for 60 hours, it is just too dull.

But I agree with your sentiments. Many many clan servers stack the teams. If you hit TAB before you spawn, you can see how many Brigs are on one side as well as how many clan signatures are on the other side. Many clan servers host 32-man games, and have 8-12 Brigs on their team, all nicely squadded up. They use SmartBalance to ensure that no clanmember is ever teamswitched, meaning they win every round. Some rounds I have played in ended 16 players to 5 because most people could see what was going on and bolted. So a few points of advice :

Be wary of Autobalance being off. If it is, then that means they are likely using SmartBalance to stack their side. It makes battle virtually unwinnable since the schmo side is composed of a bunch of noobs, or people who don't know each other or have much experience playing. Good teamwork always wins, and you can't have good teamwork if half your team has no idea what they are doing.

Always hit TAB before spawning to check on relative team strengths. It's annoying to do this, but it is far more annoying to lose 5 rounds in a row where the enemy ticket count doesn't even drop below 150, or all 5 silos remain permanently red.

Finally, be aware that the odds are stacked against you. Even with default settings and no team-stacking, you will almost always be placed on the losing side when you join a server at random. No one likes to lose, so they leave the server when the situation looks hopeless. Meaning the next people to join are always put on the losing side. No one ever leaves winning teams until the round is over simply because they want to win. I can tell you that the best rounds by far I have played are conquest rounds when either side wins by 1 ticket, but unfortunately, most players are far more concerned with winning than with playing fair.

DD.

Comment

First of all wtf is a schmoe??? and secondly, are you really 61??????

Comment

Originally posted by shaz4215

that made me lol.

Joe Schmoe, a no one, nobody, just another dude.

Comment

You Want Answers.........

Originally posted by shaz4215
                      In response to question #1....I believe deadman2312 answered that and I could probably inject a little more but won't.

In response to question #2....yes I am 61 years young and sometimes 61 years old depending on the arthritis.

Maybe I'll see you on the BF one day..............be sure and smile.

Comment

Originally posted by rebel444 View Post

In response to question #2....yes I am 61 years young and sometimes 61 years old depending on the arthritis.

Maybe I'll see you on the BF one day..............be sure and smile.
                        Thats Awesome !:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by rebel444 View Post
                          The reason that I am flaming about this subject is because I was playing on a certain server running the Suez map and controlled by a clan. I will not mention any names but one of the people that is constantly posting on this forum ( bragging about how good he is ) was whoring the gunship because the schmoe side had no competent gunship pilot. Then when the shields went down he was right there with his clanmates and a hand full of RDX. Anyway the schmoes lost as usual. After witnessing this for 2 rounds I was gone.

Like I said what is the purpose of playing if a game is not remotely competitive?
                          roflz, dats my clan! w00t! FYI, we don't Team Stack. We don't turn AB off or use the CC to get on the same side. If there are less than five of us on at a time, we like to get on the same team and play as a sqood. 5 or more, and we try to keep it balanced. On our own servers at least If we are playing on another clan's server, we have nothing against getting us all on the same team.

As for my gunship whoring, so what? What would you have me do? Sit on the ground and wait for you people to get me? I know how to fly, I know how to solo, so why can't I do it? We have a rule on Conquistador that there are no walkers until 16 man, but gunships are another deal. If you don't like my flying, use a SAAW. I die to those all the time! I also die to pro gunship pilots as well... If I suck as bad as you say I do, then why don't you hop into a goonship and take me out?

PS: I can own it up with the gunship on other people's servers as well NONE of my flying solo movie was recorded on a =L13= server.

PPS: I have gotten somewhat bored of 2142. If my clan isn't on, I don't like to play. I play with my mates, cause its fun. It allows me to use Teamwork, bond with other players, joke around and just plain have fun

PPPS: We have several servers if you want to play with us! We have a 24/7 Suez that we get started every day, a Conquistador (Tunis and Gibraltar) and a few more that I can't remember right now

EDIT:
                          A few more points for ya
                          Our Server Rules: No Ramming, No Disrespecting Clan Members (kick vote or flaming) and No Noobish tactics (RDX Bunny Hopping).
                          None of us used RDX. I used the fried cheeseball launcher to kill your consoles

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                            I used the fried cheeseball launcher to kill your consoles
                            Can you shoot one my way? I missed lunch.....

DD.

Comment

Sure thing mate, I am still trying to return my Cheeseball rank to its former glory (I was #21, but then I started a new soldier. Currently at 190 something...)

Join me on a server, fried cheeseballs on me!

Comment

Working...
                              X