Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think COD4 is a better game overall. However, i think we will be seeing a lot of the next games being produced on the Crysis engine as it's obviously more advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncleadolph View Post
      Not really, CoD4 is OBVIOUSLY a MP game, Crysis is a SP game basically. Your arguement fails.
      What do you base this statement on? It came with a full functioning MP upon release, so OBVIOUSLY Crysis is meant to be both, unlike EA's last disaster, MOH:A in which the MP seemed to be an afterthought.

Just check out X-Fire's "Average hours played on X-Fire each day" page: http://www.xfire.com/cms/stats/

Between COD 4 single player and multiplayer, 184,719 hours per week played vs Crysis 13,281. Crysis is such a failure that they don't even seperate single player vs multiplayer.

Now, I understand that not every Crysis player has X-Fire running when they play and neither does every COD 4 player, but even if you add in a few thousand hours on both to compensate, COD 4 is still the CLEAR winner in both SP and MP.

Face it. Crysis failed.

Comment

How about, who the **** cares?

Crysis sp> CoD4
        CoD4 mp> Crysis

Comment

Or.

Its just a game, play it, then throw it away.

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
            Let's see. According to game-monitor.com right now:

COD 4: 31,590 players on 11,249 servers.
            Crysis: 1,178 players on 619 servers.

No question.
            I wouldn't say that the numbers playing mean that it's a better game.
            e.g. More people buy the Sun newspaper than the Guardian, more people watch ITV than BBC2. Does this make them better...nope

Comment

Let's see. According to game-monitor.com right now:

COD 4: 31,590 players on 11,249 servers.
              Crysis: 1,178 players on 619 servers.

No question.
              That doesn't mean nothing.. 60% or more of those COD4 players prob can't play Crysis so they are hardware restricted. If your system is powerful enough the SP and MP is 10x better,more smooth, all around top notch compared to COD4.

I own both games and have played both..I do like the COD4 run around like a chicken with your head cut off gunning but I'd much rather play Crysis MP since its more defined in a task...did I mention you can drive trucks,boats,hovercrafts,etc in Crysis where you have nothing in COD4?

Crysis FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSie
                I wouldn't say that the numbers playing mean that it's a better game.
                No, it just means it's more popular.

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                did I mention you can drive trucks,boats,hovercrafts,etc in Crysis where you have nothing in COD4?

Crysis FTW.
                You can't compare those features because COD 4 is an infantry game. I'm simply talking popularity. COD 4 is obviously much more popular.

F The Crysis!

Comment

IMO CoD4 wins, hands down.

There will be a fair few Crysis fans who will stick with it till the end, but overall, CoD4 just has many more fans, and that's a Fact.

Anyone else think Crysis is just like Far Cry, great solo, pants online?

Comment

Not really, CoD4 is OBVIOUSLY a MP game, Crysis is a SP game basically. Your arguement fails.

You could compare any of these games to Halo 3 for example, just because Halo 3 has more players it means its better right? The same goes for WoW, it has a huge playerbase which is obviously how to gauge how good a game is, so WoW must be nearly the best game around.

Crysis ROCKS. The singleplayer is amazing, theres a few levels that are a bit poor, like the tank level but that is down to poor controls on the tank.

Also, to add something about how it runs. It runs brilliantly at medium on my PC (E6300, 7900GS, 2GB RAM) and medium looks better than Bioshock at max...

It does need to be optimised a bit more, the whole reason is because Crytek were rushed by EA to release it at a certain date. A patch with huge optimisations is on its way, and don't forget, Cryengine 2 is a completely next-gen engine... Of course it is going to have a few problems.
                    of course i meant COD4 Vs. Crysis as in a comparison of FPS's. halo 3 i agree is a cool game, but i see what you were saying about halo and WoW, but those games weren't being talked about (like Crysis) for almost 3 years saying how it was going to totally change the graphics engine in games and be the best single and multiplayer game ever. and how even if you did have to have a medium system, you could still run it. Crysis first of all did what it always does, realeased a game, a half assed game that is going to require god knows how many patches, just to make as much oney as possible. and alot of people like it because EA's games don't require a fee to play online, which i enjoy too. but what is it worth when you can't even get a good gaming expirence out of the game? and yes crysis is a next gen game, and i have a next gen system. (not bragging) i have a 8800 GTX and 2 gigs of memory and DX10. and the game is still horrible for me. and i have noone to blame but myself. i fell for another EA ploy yet again. and yes the new engine will have problems, but it should at least run and live up to half the hype. oh and did you buy bioshock or do you just have the demo? i downloaded the demo, just like i did with crysis. and the bioshock demo looks really, really good. but then again....come to think of it so did crysis lol. but i think that bioshock looks really great and it runs great on my system.

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                    Or.

Its just a game, play it, then throw it away.
                    yeah i agree, good thing i'm rich enough to just waste $53.00. i do use money to burn in my fires in my mansion...good advice there. why didn't i think about that???

That doesn't mean nothing.. 60% or more of those COD4 players prob can't play Crysis so they are hardware restricted. If your system is powerful enough the SP and MP is 10x better,more smooth, all around top notch compared to COD4.

I own both games and have played both..I do like the COD4 run around like a chicken with your head cut off gunning but I'd much rather play Crysis MP since its more defined in a task...did I mention you can drive trucks,boats,hovercrafts,etc in Crysis where you have nothing in COD4?

Crysis FTW.

and the 60% of people not being able to run crysis and that's why they got cod4 is crap. have you checked out the minimum system requirements for crysis???

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt
                      you cant compare... crysis failed... cod4 is the best game out right now... I mean think about it single player wise cod4 is alot better to but no one really plays single player anymore unless you want a little brake from MP.. the mp is why you buy the game in the first place and crysis mp is crap.. plus crysis runs like **** and looks about the same as cod4...
                      crysis didnt fail you fail.

crysis dose not look no where near what cod4 looks like. i love both games equally. multilayer is fun on both and single plays is fun on both as well.

the game runs slow cause it was made ahead of whats out now. once new gpu's and cpu's come out (wolfdale core comes out in a month :yay the game will run really good. they made it like this so that it wont look outdated after a year.

the gameplay i find fun in crysis. going up to them and choke holding them then putting strength up and launching them up in the air is so fun. even when you do the rag doll mod thats out.

they are both really good games. cod is just an other fan boy game that came out that was sold out by everyone. people make the game sound more than what it is.

the multiplayer is fun but its really bland. all you do is run around and shoot or knife people then die after 45 seconds (depending if you are camping or in a 50 player server) yes there are other game modes but its not as fun as what you do in crysis. i like having a HUGE area to play online and have to do multiple things to win. not just run around and kill and get points. crysis and bf2 multiplayer is my favorite to play online.

same as TF2 even though you run around and kill people none stop you still have a goal to do and with the different classes you are able to do different things. like spy, or set up re-supply stations.

i wish that cod would add to their series and make a cod game that is made for 64 player servers. like bf2. each team has to do a job. like prevent the bad guys from detonating a bomb or something like that. it will give it depth

also cod4 has to worst ranking/awards system i have ever seen. it only takes you about a weekend to get a high enough rank to get good guns and perks

i have been playing bf2 for 3 + years on/off and i have still NO WARE near the highest rank.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperghost666

yeah i agree, good thing i'm rich enough to just waste $53.00. i do use money to burn in my fires in my mansion...good advice there. why didn't i think about that???

Or probably because the Capitalists you are, games are overpriced there, 53$ for a game?

Jesus, its 399baht here, merely $9.

Comment

Originally posted by ATM743
                          crysis didnt fail you fail.
                          The numbers speak for themselves. Crysis has failed.

Originally posted by ATM743
                          also cod4 has to worst ranking/awards system i have ever seen. it only takes you about a weekend to get a high enough rank to get good guns and perks
                          Wow. A weekend? Must be nice to be single living at mommy and daddy's house rather than living in the real world with responsibilities. I've had the game since the second day and I'm only a 1st LT. Real life really does interfere with gaming.

Comment

You could compare any of these games to Halo 3 for example, just because Halo 3 has more players it means its better right? The same goes for WoW, it has a huge playerbase which is obviously how to gauge how good a game is, so WoW must be nearly the best game around.

Crysis ROCKS. The singleplayer is amazing, theres a few levels that are a bit poor, like the tank level but that is down to poor controls on the tank.

Also, to add something about how it runs. It runs brilliantly at medium on my PC (E6300, 7900GS, 2GB RAM) and medium looks better than Bioshock at max...

It does need to be optimised a bit more, the whole reason is because Crytek were rushed by EA to release it at a certain date. A patch with huge optimisations is on its way, and don't forget, Cryengine 2 is a completely next-gen engine... Of course it is going to have a few problems.
                            Believe it or not, there is a limit on how many paths you can take in Crysis. You'll get bored soon and hope you bought a stronger MP game.

Crysis FTW.
                            Go talk to the other 10 people that agree with you in the Crysis forums.

Comment

Have you guys noticed that the CoD4 fanboys is completely trashing Crysis while the Crysis fanboys often likes both games? Wonder why...

I like both games, none beats the crap out of the other because they are nothing alike.

Comment

The numbers speak for themselves. Crysis has failed.

Wow. A weekend? Must be nice to be single living at mommy and daddy's house rather than living in the real world with responsibilities. I've had the game since the second day and I'm only a 1st LT. Real life really does interfere with gaming.
                                Did i every say that i was Ranked 55??? had the game since day it came out and only Lt. Colonel II.

I could give a fat baby's **** less how many more people play cod4 then Crysis.

stating that crysis failed because how many more people cod4 its just plain stupid.

thats just like saying cod4 failed compared to WoW...

Comment

Working...
                                X