This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 Vs. Crysis

for those of you unlucky enough to own Crysis, what is your opinion on which game is better? single and multiplayer.... In my personal opinion COD4 kicks the crap out of Crysis all day long.

i think that cryis single player is better than cod4s but i am not sure of crysis online

Comment

I played the demo a few times and also the multiplayer beta.

They were both 'nice'.

Absolutely mind blowing graphics (kisses 8800 GTX), but no really amazing gameplay to back it up.

Had a lot of potential, shame.

Comment

yeah i agree that the single player in Crysis is much more in depth and lnger. but i really bought both games for the multiplayer aspects and cysis (to me) really hasn't shined in that area

Comment

Let's see. According to game-monitor.com right now:

COD 4: 31,590 players on 11,249 servers.
          Crysis: 1,178 players on 619 servers.

No question.

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post

No question.

very good point there, my sentiments exactly

i really don't see what all the hype about cysis was in the first place, huge failure in my opinion, but then again, it is EA

Comment

Come now, you need to ask the same question in the Crysis area.

I didnt bother with Crysis because of the huge resources needed (and that I didnt have) and because I could NOT get my mouse to work with it.

Its a mouse, how hard should it be???

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

you cant compare... crysis failed... cod4 is the best game out right now... I mean think about it single player wise cod4 is alot better to but no one really plays single player anymore unless you want a little brake from MP.. the mp is why you buy the game in the first place and crysis mp is crap.. plus crysis runs like **** and looks about the same as cod4...

Comment

Call Of Duty 4 in my opinion... it focused on a bit more than just graphics.

Comment

Yea, I wouldn't care about the graphics of a game, as long as it is fun and has good gameplay, crysis, has none of that.

I would even go as far and say that CoD4's SP is better than Cyrsis, it was a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt
                      you cant compare... crysis failed... cod4 is the best game out right now... I mean think about it single player wise cod4 is alot better to but no one really plays single player anymore unless you want a little brake from MP.. the mp is why you buy the game in the first place and crysis mp is crap.. plus crysis runs like **** and looks about the same as cod4...
                      i totally agree, well put

Comment

i was not going to buy Crysis due to the fact it was published by EA and i swore after BF2142 never to buy anything again, so instead i won it in a competition

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                          i was not going to buy Crysis due to the fact it was published by EA and i swore after BF2142 never to buy anything again, so instead i won it in a competition
                          good for you what do you think of it so far, multiplayer in particular

Comment

Crysis is aiming too high on graphics, losing out on many customers, many many customers.

COD4 wins by sheer playability (IE on old G-Cards)

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post

No question.
                              Not really, CoD4 is OBVIOUSLY a MP game, Crysis is a SP game basically. Your arguement fails.

You could compare any of these games to Halo 3 for example, just because Halo 3 has more players it means its better right? The same goes for WoW, it has a huge playerbase which is obviously how to gauge how good a game is, so WoW must be nearly the best game around.

Crysis ROCKS. The singleplayer is amazing, theres a few levels that are a bit poor, like the tank level but that is down to poor controls on the tank.

Also, to add something about how it runs. It runs brilliantly at medium on my PC (E6300, 7900GS, 2GB RAM) and medium looks better than Bioshock at max...

It does need to be optimised a bit more, the whole reason is because Crytek were rushed by EA to release it at a certain date. A patch with huge optimisations is on its way, and don't forget, Cryengine 2 is a completely next-gen engine... Of course it is going to have a few problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X