X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long but basic spec-ops guide :P

BF2 Spec-Ops Guide
    First things First

This guide is here to help you get somewhat better at spec-ops combat. May I just say before I start that all this information in the guide is through my own experiences. Feel free to criticize. Secondly this guide it for vanilla only. Not mods. This is my first guide that I have written so it’s not going to be the best I just hope it helps.
    Making sure you live for a bit

Using spec-ops and staying alive isn’t that hard. You need to have patience and be able to stick with squads. As spec ops you are not able to heal yourself or resupply yourself so make sure that you join a squad for then reasons alone. If say a squad is full just try to stick with a group or a squad. (Ok so these things are obvious but ya na for some people it aint). Being squad lead is not ideal but at least you can tell everyone where you want them to go and with a receptive and hard working squad you may be able to live for a whole round even. Remember as well that you can run for longer periods of time, so say if your team has got the right island on karkie and the other has got the left, dont be afraid to venture of to the hotel or square. This tactic works really good when youre a sqaud lead.
    Using your kit
    Knife: Standard piece of equipment, thanks somewhat to Dice hitting is SOMETIMES difficult, need I say anything else.
    Pistol: You get the silenced version, big woot (sarcasm), to be fair it aint that useful but if you get a few shots in and u need to reload, meh, slow enemy, kill.
    Grenades: Now this is my opinion but, nades are fun but don’t spam to much, im begging the TBF2 community because nade spamming is beyond a joke, Meh, blows up people, bang bang, u get the kill but get called noob for usin them.
    C4: Ok, if you get called a noob for using these, well just don’t listen, if they want to complain let them, why don’t they do it back, great piece of equipment, TIP, if your capping the hotel put them near entrances, you may get called a noob but who cares.
    Guns
    USMC Default M4: Ok if you got no unlocks this gun is still very good, great at close range but you may struggle at long range, Dot scope really helps.
    MEC default AK-74U: I would say the best of the three default guns, best accuracy and power. I think that it takes to shots to the head to kill them. Definitely the one to use in default section. Exclusive to MEC though.
    PLA default QBZ95: I don’t have much experience with this gun but when I have used it it seems ok. I wouldent say as good as the AK-74U though.

Unlock G36C: I use this gun the most. Its great at long range and not to bad upclose. Bunnyhoppers can sometimes be a buggar though. Overall the best Spec-ops gun.
    Unlock SCAR-L: I don’t use this gun much because of the above but still its not too bad. Ive found it ok when ive used it. An all round good gun.

Use your C4

C4 is the most important weapon is the spec-ops kit, excluding the actual carbine. Use it, use it for everything except C4 spamming, its great top put over the entrances when capping a point. Don’t forget that you get an extra point each time you blow up a commander assest, artillery, UAV, radar. Make sure that you don’t leave your C4 in the back of your kit. USE IT.

Tips and tricks

The AK-74U is the best default gun (my opinion), its got power and accuracy so use it when you’ve got a chance.
    When you get an unlock make sure you’re going to use it, the G36C in my opinion is way better than any other spec-ops gun and it you like a dot scope use the SCAR-L.
    Don’t forget your allies, if you see an friendly guy going to blow up a tank, if he failes, nick his kit and get the kills yourself.

May I just say my guide is based on my own experiences, I hope this helps, and for all the noobys out theres I hope its made people think that Spec-ops can be just as good as medic

Thanks for reading

Ciao
    Jon

Good to see props going for lowly Spec Ops.

I favour the G36C, actually. Don't forget - that and the M4 are darned accurate on single shot. Great anti-sniper wep.

What's also cool is you can do burst fire AND full auto for CQB panic attacks.:nod:

The uses of C4 are many and lethal. The bugger is - there's loads of pub servers ban using it on flags, jihad jeeps.... or using C4 full stop lately! Poo! :shakehead

I usually play Spec Ops when going loner - taking out choppers, vehicles n assets. Strap 3 x C4 to your bumper and away you go! Thisaways, if you meet hostile armour etc you've a fighting chance. If not - park up next to assets and let er rip.

.... And wait to get kicked......:shakehead

Comment

nice, i normally will play either assault or sniper, but when playing spec-ops, i will definatley keep this in mind :P

Comment

i like scar-L. its got some power and a bit more accurate than AK74u. only thing i dont like about it is its sound. sounds like a car failing to start up

Comment

The G36C is SO overrated. People think it's good merely because it's big brother, the G36E, is amazing. It's just a big fat joke, I'd rather use anything else than that gun. It does 0 damage, it's inaccurate (the recoil is amazing though, but it does fool you), and it sounds like a soft air gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
            The G36C is SO overrated. People think it's good merely because it's big brother, the G36E, is amazing. It's just a big fat joke, I'd rather use anything else than that gun. It does 0 damage, it's inaccurate (the recoil is amazing though, but it does fool you), and it sounds like a soft air gun.
            In my opinion G36C is much better than the G36E but perhaps that's just my opinion... They're almost exactly similar to me except for the fact that G36C has full auto mode which is much better than 3 shot bursts close up.

Yeah I love putting C4 around corners when I know the enemy is gonna come in a few secs. They see me, insta-dolphindive and boom enemy dead

Some of my most hilarious moments in BF2 involve C4

Comment

[QUOTE=Doggie52;1797580]The G36C is SO overrated. People think it's good merely because it's big brother, the G36E, is amazing. /QUOTE]

I'm talking results. You're talking cack.

Familial relationships in (game) guns have SFA to do with how popular they are. :shakehead

If it gets results, it's popular.

Comment

A couple of additions re spec ops character:

You have no armour !!
                You can move faster !!
                You are not seen by Scan or UAV - if you remain still !!

Because you're faster, a couple of C4s makes for effective tank killer.

Comment

Rite ufo ive added the first two bits but the third one is a rumor and no proven and ive tried that myself and me mate has still been able to spot me on the scan

Thanx
                  Jon

Comment

Yeh johnny your correct, i think that the staying still when the UAV is on is rubbish. I doubt Dice would even put a feature like that into the game, but i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by the-masterlord View Post
                      USMC Default M4: Ok if you got no unlocks this gun is still very good, great at close range but you may struggle at long range, Dot scope really helps.
                      Best balance of power and accuracy of any spec ops gun and it's bad at long range?

MEC default AK-74U: I would say the best of the three default guns, best accuracy and power. I think that it takes to shots to the head to kill them. Definitely the one to use in default section. Exclusive to MEC though.
                      No. The stats and facts say that the AK74U is the least accurate carbine of all.

PLA default QBZ95: I don’t have much experience with this gun but when I have used it it seems ok. I wouldent say as good as the AK-74U though.
                      Most accurate of stock carbines.

Comment

You don't run faster, you just run longer.

Comment

Dont mean to be critical but it says at the top this is based on my own experiences, i think that the AK-74U is the best becuase i havent used the chinese one much.

Thanx
                          Jon

Comment

whenever me and brother played karkand, he would be spec-op and i would be support/medic and we would rooftop hop getting kills, without dying, and in my opinion the SCAR-L is the best spec-op weapon overall.

Comment

thanks, i may try and have a few games with spec-ops but has never been a strong point for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X