Not gaining points!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not gaining points!

I am at Brigadier general and not getting any more points toward the next rank, why is this?

because EA hand selects the ranks over brigadier generals

Comment

because you aren't padding hard enough.

take some vitamins and try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by cyan View Post
        because you aren't padding hard enough.

take some vitamins and try harder.
        ^ most likely reason.
        if you wanna go any higher you need to do any one of the following:
        1. play really well when you get private bug, and get all your badges again
        2. have no life, play 24h a day
        3. pad
        4. hack

seriously.
        hand selected? sure, if "hand" refers to some automated program that chooses the player with the highest score within a certain period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
          ^ most likely reason.
          if you wanna go any higher you need to do any one of the following:
          1. play really well when you get private bug, and get all your badges again
          2. have no life, play 24h a day
          3. pad
          4. hack

seriously.
          hand selected? sure, if "hand" refers to some automated program that chooses the player with the highest score within a certain period of time.
          So it sounds like I've got about as high as I can go as I have a life and can't devote 24 hours to playing it and I don't hack, so that is pretty much it I guess.

Comment

yea.
            higher ranks are possible but not easy to get legitimately. i havent heard of anyone who got it without the private bug.
            but life after BG is most fun for me. no need to worry about points, jihad jeep all you want =D

Comment

TWO of my buddies have gotten 3 Star and kept it for 4 weeks straight with no padding

Comment

Now you dont have to worry about rank. You can play for fun. :salute:

Comment

Shaz...I played a round with you on cerbere the other day...too funny, as we were camping the enemy beacon, and as he came down, you went to knife him and got me instead. I have it on video...lol

Comment

OMG!! I just realised it was you!!! I thought you sounded familiar...lol. At least I revived you... :laugh: Is there a way i could see that video? would be a laugh to watch.

Comment

I think I still have that clip, but I'm not sure...a 5 minute FRAPS rip of gameplay is 3.90 GB, and I capture all of my gameplay...so yesterday, I played for 5 hours and almost filled up a 500GB hard drive, so I have to trim out good footage and delete the rest daily...I'll see if i still have it....if so, I'll send to you.

Comment

could you not convert it to a different format and reduce the file size? then maybe host it on a streaming website...?

Comment

Oh, I do that...I convert the great parts of a clip into an xvid file and save them (it reduces the file size from, say, 100mb, to about 3mb. However, the conversion process takes so long that I cannot convert entire rounds footage, but have to trim out the good 5-10 second clips and convert those.

To convert a full 20 minute video of one conquest round would take about 30 minutes with the program I'm using.

When BF3 comes out, I already have the setup envisioned...separate computer to store all round videos and working round-the-clock 24/7 compressing them to be archived on DVDs. I can compress 5 hours of gameplay footage to a single 4.7gb dvd-r if I have the computer resources to do so...which means another PC.

Comment

Well if you do manage to get the video of me knifing you sorted, then let me know. cheers.

Comment

Will do...if you ever see me on a US server that gets you a decent ping, squad up with me.

Well...I went back looking for the video...and had already deleted it. No problem, I though, I'll just go in the recycle bin and undelete it.

sorry no, the files are so big (>3gb) that windows permanently deletes them the first time.

So, this is the best I can do for you....a few of my own knife kills from yesterday: (click in the center of the black area to dl)

[media]http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/25/1016409/7.avi[/media]

If you ever play a round with me, and you want some footage from it, let me know and I can file transfer it to you on yahoo messenger.

Comment

Working...
                              X