Eavesdrop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eavesdrop...

Hardly anyone uses it, mostly due to the lack of VOIP users on COD4 itself. What would be a way to make it a more popular choice?

I think letting users who use Eavesdrop also gain the ability to see the other team's Team Chat as well, seeing as how that's used more than Voice Chat.

Total removal and replacement.

Possibly replace it with improved hearing, allowing you to hear footsteps better.

Comment

Eavesdrop is the most pathetic and useless perk of all...

Comment

yeah i guess IW thought everyone would be yapping over there mics in this game....guess not. actually i have yet to hear anyone speak on a mic while in game, i have heard a few once the match was over and the scores came up but that about it

Comment

The sound quality is poor.

I'd like to see them replace Evesdrop with a new perk. Perhaps the Buddy perk, where you can buddy up with another player, have a voip channel, spawn next to each other, set way points, etc.

Comment

Its mainly for the console users tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
              Its mainly for the console users tbh.
              100% Correct.

It never should have been included in the PC version. It should have been replaced with something completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                The sound quality is poor.

I'd like to see them replace Evesdrop with a new perk. Perhaps the Buddy perk, where you can buddy up with another player, have a voip channel, spawn next to each other, set way points, etc.
                Agreed :salute:

That would be aweosme, to make squads n stuff!

Comment

Replace it with an Advanced Hearing perk such as that from the game Planetside (A SOE FPS-MMO) Basically when footsteps can be heard the said player owning the footsteps shows up on the map of the perk user.

Or just make the perk give the ability to hear people who are crouched.

Comment

Eavesdrop was put in for consoles. On the consoles the only way to communicate with people is through the VOIP system (or whatever it's called there), but on pc everyone who uses a mic is either on a Teamspeak or Ventrilo channel with some clanmates (or a pub server's vent where people can join).

And in the rare occasions someone uses voip on the pc you either can't hear him at all or the sound is all distorted and barely hearable. And they never, ever say anything useful

Comment

With some of the features not quite working and eavesdrop, its obvious that it was a console game ported to PC.

I mean, look at the browser functionality and favorites, it just doesnt work well with that many PC servers out there.

Dont get me wrong, its still a great game. It just needs a little adjusting.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

yeah dont even start with the server browser that thing sux to high hell, almost every server get timed out, says it isnt full but it is, losing favorites

Comment

Working...
                        X