Dual Wielding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Wielding

Ok this is an idea that just came to the top of my head really, but what about if you could have a dual wield perk. You could choose between dual wielding certain SMG's or pistols.

Obviously it would become unbalanced if you could dual wield the P90's so only certain SMG's and pistols would be allowed to use the perk feature, i was thinking, MP5, Uzi, Scorpion, AK74u, all pistols other than the deagle.

What do you think?

Uzi, Skorpion, and all pistols (except deagle.)

The MP5 and AK-74u don't seem that feasible.

And what would the perk actually do? Could you fire both weapons at the same time? (Left & Right mouse button, no iron sights.) Would it just alternate between the two, effectively doubling your clip size (and taking twice as long to reload?)

The realism police will of course cry foul, but it could be fun.

Comment

Oh dear. O.O

Realism Police!!!!!

*Points to thread*

But that would be teh poonage. Too bad it'll never ever ever ever happen.

Comment

i think you could have the left and right mouse button idea but it could be an option in settings.

I just wanted dual wielded Uzi's basically

Comment

Ever play "Shadow Warrior"? If you picked up a second Uzi your character would exclaim "Look out, Mr. Woo" and you could fire them both in tandem. Good times.

Comment

Given the choice, I'd pass on this one. Seems a little too arcade-ish to me.

Comment

I'm not really for the idea, but for the sake of discussion the left/right click idea is feasible, seeing as you wouldn't be able to use both iron sights, add an exceptionally long reload time and i think it would balance out.

Should only be available with the Uzi, Skorpion and the pistols (desert eagle excluded) for fairness.

Because imagine turning a corner to be confronted by someone with dual p90's :dead:

Comment

That would be way too fake. You might as well throw in the crotch gun from the movie "Desperado" while you're at it...

Comment

Originally posted by DGutierrez32 View Post
                  That would be way too fake. You might as well throw in the crotch gun from the movie "Desperado" while you're at it...
                  Off-Topic: Was that in "Desperado" as well? I know it was in "From Dusk 'Till Dawn", used by "Sex Machine" (Tom Savini).

Comment

I know CoD4 isn't about realism, but this is rediculous...
                    By the way, how would you reload two MP5s at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                      By the way, how would you reload two MP5s at a time?
                      One at a time. And not being able to use the other one when you're reloading one.

Comment

Maybe not SMGs, but Pistols yes. It would have to take up a perk, draw time would take longer, reloading longer as well.

Comment

if you had slight of hand it would not be so bad because you would reload faster or would this perk be in the same perk class a slight of hand to avoid ownage

Comment

Really, you could have a whole different set of perks and weapon choices for Hardcore vs. Vanilla vs. Old School.

Hardcore: Selective Fire, multiple attachments, no regenerative health

Vanilla: Normal

Old School: Anything over the top or too arcadey for Vanilla. (Duel Wielding.)

Comment

please no, i'd have to sell my copy so quick if people could start dual wielding, not what i'd want from a 'tactical' fps

Comment

Working...
                              X