ObjectTemplate.armor.takeDamageFromOwnTeam 0
    ObjectTemplate.armor.addArmorEffect 0 e_titan_consol 0/0/0 0/0/0

ObjectTemplate.geometry eu_console3
    ObjectTemplate.setCollisionMesh eu_console3
    ObjectTemplate.mapMaterial 0 metal 4110
    ObjectTemplate.mapMaterial 1 ButtonMaterial 0

Comment

Originally posted by EnergyNL
      So you shoot from the ramp (??bulkhead??) up into the corridors but direct your shot to the number??

That doesn't make any sense....
      No i think he meant to shoot from inside the corridor (1 or 2), Just standing in the entrance there. Taking some cover behind the first parts of that bulkhead towards the console. That gives you the range for the PK-rockets given that there are no defenders spaming grenades or PK-rockets in your direction

Originally posted by Dtneter
      it actually does matter where you hit it because it has two map materials:

ObjectTemplate.armor.maxHitPoints 7000
      ObjectTemplate.armor.hitPoints 7000
      ObjectTemplate.armor.defaultMaterial 4110
      ObjectTemplate.armor.waterLevel -0.3
      ObjectTemplate.armor.parentDamageWreck 20
      ObjectTemplate.armor.takeDamageFromOwnTeam 0
      ObjectTemplate.armor.addArmorEffect 0 e_titan_consol 0/0/0 0/0/0

ObjectTemplate.geometry eu_console3
      ObjectTemplate.setCollisionMesh eu_console3
      ObjectTemplate.mapMaterial 0 metal 4110
      ObjectTemplate.mapMaterial 1 ButtonMaterial 0
      I don't get it. There may be 2 map meterials but only 1 entry for hitpoints (max and default both 7000). I am not a coder, but it looks like 2 materials bound to the same amount of hitpoints.

Comment

Okay I get that.

He's talking about "unzoomed" (hit first object in range) got to try that out...

But it isn't a very safe place to stand as for the nade spamming supports...
        God I hate those nobrainers... :shakehead

BTW... that makes sense :laugh:

Comment

yea the metal is the main material which is like everywhere but the button material doesnt excist so

Comment

Originally posted by Zarious
            Ok time to let another trick outa the ol' 1337 competition secrets bag. One medic can take down console 1 or 2 by himself in about 30 seconds, no vossing needed, and you never even have to enter the area with the console. All you have to do is, enter the hall way up to the first bulkhead, and stand on the side of the hallway opposite to the console (so in hallway one on the left side, and in hall way 2 on the right. Switch to PK, and don't zoom. Aim at the console number on the wall, just by the console, and open up. It only takes 9 (3 clips if you don't have the extra, and 2clips + 1 extra if you do). Only takes about 30 seconds, and really REALLY frustrates that recon camper throwing rdx around the corner. Two medics working together can pull down consoles 1&2 in about 45 seconds, barring competent D.

In that regard, it's actually easier for a medic to take out 1&2 that it is for them to take out 3&4, because you can't get the distance needed from 3&4 to use the PK rockets.

Try it and let me know, I bet you'll do it that way from now on
            Woah, you truly are the Master Strategist :|: 3&4 are cake to destroy after 1&2 are down, a minute or two of constant nade spam will see to that...

Comment

Yep, pk rocket spam works nicely for consoles 1 and 2. If that recon is behind that glass window waiting for you to come down, you can laugh in his face (not literally, since that involves walking into his trap), blow up that console and then run off to the next one, leaving him to defend the ruined console.

Or... you might want to run off, pretending to leaving him there, just so you can trick him into coming out, therefore allowing you to shoot him down, steal his RDXes and give yourself a means to destroy the next console. Useful if you have no support teammate to resupply you for the pk rocket spam down the next long corridor.

Otherwise you can go to the next long console to either resort to your bullets or keep the next corridor safe till reinforcements arrive... or you can wait for that noob recon to come, along with his explosives for you to steal.

Comment

or simply chuck a nade round the corner to force him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                  11 Cheeseballs and its down
                  Clearly the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum so far!!!!! :laugh::yay::nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                    Woah, you truly are the Master Strategist :|: 3&4 are cake to destroy after 1&2 are down, a minute or two of constant nade spam will see to that...
                    I totally agree that 3&4 are easier to kill against defense, but if the titan has sparse defense, it takes way less time and effort for a lone medic to take out console 1 or 2 than it does for them to take out 3 or 4.

It takes about 30 seconds for a medic to PK rocket down console 1. How long does it take that same medic (assuming no resistance is met at either console) to take out console 3? If you voss it down it takes about 90 seconds (just a guess) and much longer if you nade it first.

I know what you mean about 3&4 being easier to take down in general, I just don't think you were getting what I meant

Comment

Working...
                    X