Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
    Yes it would
    Ditto, you have nothing to back THAT up. So, until you're 100% positive, don't fully negate my opinions.

It would at least counter all the G3 silencer whores.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
      Ditto, you have nothing to back THAT up. So, until you're 100% positive, don't fully negate my opinions.
      So, you're not even going to try and say something to backup what you said? :shakehead

If a sniper chose UAV jammer and had a silencer along with the scope on their sniper, they'd be impossible to spot on the GPS. Unless you're going to pass out free silencers to everybody so they can have a better sight or GL, then that's not balanced. The sniper would never be found unless somebody runs into them or they do something stupid.The game was made to be fun, in order for that, it needs to be balanced. If snipers had a silencer, then you'd have to take away its scope to balance it.

Take, for example, an assault rifle. Give it a better sight as some of them have not-so-good iron sights. That's fine, right? Well, give it a second attachment, say, a silencer, and you've got a weapon that would overpower others if used properly, but it can only be that class (like your complaint with the sniper class). You're pretty much saying that the ACOG sight (replacing the scope that you think is perfectly fine to be left on with a silencer) can be accompanied by a silencer, now, that makes no sense, it's two attachments. According to your reasoning, it's perfectly fine and should be allowed. It's a shame IW didn't make the scope itself an attachment.

Understand what I'm trying to get at?

It would at least counter all the G3 silencer whores.
      The, "G3 silencer whores" don't have a scope.

Comment

Well since we'd only get silencer sniper rifles in a mod anyway, you could give snipers a perk that would give them a way of detecting enemy snipers and making them counter-snipers.

Comment

Silencers on snipers would most definitely make them more powerful, by UAV benefit alone. It would feel much better as a sniper to use the frankly cool silenced M21, but you would find absolute ownage from such a good gun.

It's sort of like saying I'd prefer the .357 deagle with the larger clip (12 or 15 I forget) than the .50, but that would make me too damn good.

Comment

You can basically see the whole map just as well with iron sights as with a scope, add a silencer on the g3 and it's a killing machine.

I get counter sniped from across the map by g3's without scopes, so I must just play different servers.

Comment

You can basically see the whole map just as well with iron sights as with a scope, add a silencer on the g3 and it's a killing machine.
              Iron sights do not have the magnification that a scope does. Don't even argue that.
              I get counter sniped from across the map by g3's without scopes, so I must just play different servers.
              Sounds like a personal problem. Just because you died, doesn't mean you should get a super weapon to compensate for your bad movement or bad placement which caused you to die.

Comment

Spik3d honestly dude, you're going to bash me no matter what I say.

No **** the iron sights don't have the magnification, but you don't need the magnification when you can clearly see across the map without it, and when they can pump shot after shot at you with little recoil.

Hell, tell me to go g3 whore like 50% of the people out there, I don't care. Snipers should have an accuracy/stealth bonus, as they are the stealthiest class.

Comment

After the most recent patch the G3 seems like much less of a threat. You don't have to hold your breath to make a shot, it's always dead on accurate, even when swaying, but holding will make lining up a shot easier. Plus, when you do hold your breath it doesn't miss dead on shots anymore. Snipers are much better now. I was testing sniping on Ambush and went 28-0. It's a lot better.

Comment

A sniper with a silencer would be pure ownage; but I'd drunk and the gods of alcohol are calling out to me and I'm out of cigarettes and dip.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz
                      Spik3d honestly dude, you're going to bash me no matter what I say.
                      You seem tilted.
                      No **** the iron sights don't have the magnification, but you don't need the magnification when you can clearly see across the map without it, and when they can pump shot after shot at you with little recoil.
                      I never said you couldn't see the map. But it's easier to be more accurate with a scope than without one. You don't see people taking the M14, putting a silencer on it, firing all the way across the map like you would with a scoped weapon.
                      Hell, tell me to go g3 whore like 50% of the people out there, I don't care.
                      Why would I? I'm trying to tell you that snipers should not get a silencer unless you take away their scope. It's a video game, not real life, if there wasn't as good of balance as there is now, then there'd be a lot less people playing it.
                      Snipers should have an accuracy/stealth bonus, as they are the stealthiest class.
                      Yes, you have the choice of taking the bonus or replacing it, UAV Jammer.

One of the tips that show up is something along the lines of, "Pick your shots, when you fire WITHOUT a silencer, you appear on the enemies' GPS." Well, as a sniper you should have the patience to wait for a clear shot. You shouldn't be spraying down bullets on the enemy, only getting a few kills per clip.

What you're saying is that somebody should be allowed to use an M14, put a scope on it, and a silencer. Because that's just about the equivilent to putting a silencer on an M21.

Comment

another thread turned personal

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
                          Why would I? I'm trying to tell you that snipers should not get a silencer unless you take away their scope. It's a video game, not real life, if there wasn't as good of balance as there is now, then there'd be a lot less people playing it.
                          Yes, you have the choice of taking the bonus or replacing it, UAV Jammer.
                          Oh, now that's a brilliant idea

An M21 with a silencer would be the same as an M14 with a silencer, only with half the magazine. You've just created a useless perk that does nothing more than take a few kilobytes of space that could have been used implementing a silencer in a useful manner.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                            Oh, now that's a brilliant idea

An M21 with a silencer would be the same as an M14 with a silencer, only with half the magazine. You've just created a useless perk that does nothing more than take a few kilobytes of space that could have been used implementing a silencer in a useful manner.
                            That's the only case. The M40, SVD, R700, and Barrett don't have an almost replica in the AR nor any other category. Regardless, that would be good for somebody that uses an M14 and has completed the challenges and now wants to complete the M21 challenges.

Comment

well some sniper rifles wouldnt get a suppressor due to the fact they cant, e.g. .50 and the SVD?

Comment

Working...
                              X