Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Performance Help

Originally posted by bodrider View Post
    Ok dude I know what a power supply is, how to find out the total watts, I'm not a noob at this. It was all in chinese so thats why and didn't want to find out what it said. I got a new power supply low....350W that should really fix the problem.
    oh i never doubted that u didnt know, i just copied & pasted that info there i found on a website, myself i never knew there was a sticker on there saying the watts, i keep forgetting to look but i thought it told in the bios but i guess not if you looked. I know i can find out mine by going to dell & puttin in my service tag.

glad to hear you got a 350W though, if that dont fix it im gonna guess its your bandwith, it was a little low, but it should run it.

tc

Comment

Ill jump in late! Your PSU is, well, um so weak im surprised your PC even boots :hmm:

Get a decent PSU, then come back and tell us how awsome your PC is!

Comment

Originally posted by bodrider View Post
        Ok dude I know what a power supply is, how to find out the total watts, I'm not a noob at this. It was all in chinese so thats why and didn't want to find out what it said. I got a new power supply low....350W that should really fix the problem.
        For today's modern video cards, 500w+ is usually the standard...

Comment

Originally posted by GrössKopf
          For today's modern video cards, 500w+ is usually the standard...
          Ok, since were on PSU's i'll ask a dumb question, i have a 350W & it works great, but wont last forever, or maybe it will, anyway if it goes out, i'd like to replace it with a 400 or 500w

do i have to check my system spec's to see if that would be 2 much power? or does it matter ? if it matters how would i know how much is 2 much?

told ya noob question, i'm hopin i dont have to replace it.

Comment

I tested it out last night on a 64 server on Oman and most of the time when I play there I will get horrible lag at Construction Site, but I had alot of things on high, terrain, texture/filtering, geometry, so on....and I really had no lag what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim
              Ok, since were on PSU's i'll ask a dumb question, i have a 350W & it works great, but wont last forever, or maybe it will, anyway if it goes out, i'd like to replace it with a 400 or 500w

do i have to check my system spec's to see if that would be 2 much power? or does it matter ? if it matters how would i know how much is 2 much?

told ya noob question, i'm hopin i dont have to replace it.
              You could get yourself a 1000w power supply if you want. It'll just be surplus. I had a 350w power supply until I got a video card that required it's own power cord to plug into it. That's when I upgraded to the 500+ watt one I have now. If your video card requires one of the power plugs to go into it, that should be dedicated only to the video card, with no other plugs on that string being used for anything else, and you should have at least 500w.

In case you're unsure what I mean, look at this picture:

Note the 4 prong power connector on the back of the card. That's what I'm refering to.

Comment

Originally posted by GrössKopf View Post
                You could get yourself a 1000w power supply if you want. It'll just be surplus. I had a 350w power supply until I got a video card that required it's own power cord to plug into it. That's when I upgraded to the 500+ watt one I have now. If your video card requires one of the power plugs to go into it, that should be dedicated only to the video card, with no other plugs on that string being used for anything else, and you should have at least 500w.

In case you're unsure what I mean, look at this picture:

Note the 4 prong power connector on the back of the card. That's what I'm refering to.
                Thanks Gross, yeah i knew what ur talking about, mine is just pop in PCI-E no extra cord, it requires 350W & thats what i have, am glad to know that info on the PSU watts, i've never had to change one out & was ignorant. But if i ever have to change this one gonna get me atleast a 500w.

tanks again,

I tested it out last night on a 64 server on Oman and most of the time when I play there I will get horrible lag at Construction Site, but I had alot of things on high, terrain, texture/filtering, geometry, so on....and I really had no lag what so ever.
                Thanks for the update, that is nice to know, mabye other peep with lagg issues will check there PSU watts.

see ya on the battlefield soldier:salute:

Comment

Working...
                X