No announcement yet.

Cheap Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if FF is on, can't you just throw a nade on the ground beside you?

I don't think that killing yourself in COD4 is cheap. If it was cheap, IW would have counted it as a death. Anyway it doesn't matter the stats only save for that round then disappear. So he wouldn't be 1337 for long.

Comment

Brad, Your own explosives still affect you regardless of FF settings. This includes air strikes.

Comment

I did 40 - 0 by sniping and with a p90 (grabbed somebody's gun) my screenshot was of my score to show the other guy that I know it is possible, as I've done it, but I didn't do it by killing myself.

Comment

I ran into a few people that would do that. We would get into a firefight and would someway or another off themselves. Though I do think its a cheap tactic, it doesnt bother me because they are now dead and out of my way.

Whats great is when they do that in HQ or Search and destroy. They cripple their own team by being stupid.

Good job on the score Aerialz.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think you also don't get a death if you hit the change team button, then you could just have it auto assign you back to your team. I used to get mad when it would side switch me, because I thought it was like BF2 and would give me a death, but it doesn't.

But I don't have time to think about suiciding, I am trying to live out there

Comment

Either way you look at it, who cares, the guy found a nice exploit (not in a bad way) which gives him a feeling of accomplishment.

Just let him be, it's not like everyone see's his stats like Battlefail.

Comment

In DM it's pretty lame though, because he denies the enemy team points. Suicide should definately count as death or substract 1 from your kills.

Comment

If someone was pulling that in a match with me, I'd start sniping so if I hit him, he'd die. That'd piss him off.

But I think the reason you don't get a death is because there are a couple ways to kill yourself that would be bogus if it hurt your score. I have a habit of picking up grenades (From other people) in time for them to go off in my hand. I've noticed in those situations that sometimes it counts as killing myself.
                  My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                    How does anybody do 40-0 ???

I can easily get 5-0 camping pipeline killing the guys triyng to get to the top of the main building (Building with a "1" on it).

But how do you do that kind of score? Is it sniping on a huge server or something???

(BTW you can't kill yourself, I mean unless it's a jump right)?
                    To get those kind of scores i snipe, i have a 38 kill streak due to sniping.

And i have found out he was not suiciding as such as this still counts as a death, what i think he was doing was team switching himself when he got into trouble.

Comment

40 - 0 is hard.. ive been 40 - 2 .. add one part exceptional player to a bunch of bad players..

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
                        I don't get why you people think the knife is so bad...

if you miss, you're done for. Adds a lot to the game IMO.

@FlamesFan, he was bitching at me all round long about it, and I had enough
                        He was all like "Yeah, the other day I went 30 - 0" then I go 40 - 0 and he's all immature about it.

Yeah it is just they do not wanna take the time to learn it.. It is funny cuz most ppl will just stand there and not knife you back when they run out of ammo.. I think those are the kinda ppl that don't like the knife..

Comment

Originally posted by Badlizzard2
                          I think you also don't get a death if you hit the change team button, then you could just have it auto assign you back to your team. I used to get mad when it would side switch me, because I thought it was like BF2 and would give me a death, but it doesn't.

But I don't have time to think about suiciding, I am trying to live out there
                          k, i know this COD4 forum, but in response to your BF2 point, it only swaps you once you have died, well thats when it swaps me anyways.

i wouldnt have thought racking up a kill streak of 40 is likely if killcam is on, saying that i prefer to have it on simply so i can see how crap i had positioned myself to be killed in the first place. that way ill learn from little mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by DGutierrez32 View Post
                            In my opinion, primarily knifing in CQC isn't cheap. You stay off the UAV by not firing off a shot. However, most people probably try to do it as a "humiliation" thing.
                            Unless you're playing Hardcore mode, then there is no UAV unless the enemy earns it through kills and then it's only temporary..

Comment

I think I encountered every Quake jumper/bunny-hopper, GL abuser, and spawnkiller tonite. :|:

If only I could reach through the monitor and strangle these bastards...I'm gonna need a new mouse if this keeps up. :cry: :laugh:

Comment

I saw one of the worst whiners on one of my favorite servers a couple days ago. She (I assume) kept saying "F*ck you campers, lick my dirty p****", "Delta you're gay" (I wasn't even camping lol) and finally "I'm going to bed. Except I can't until you f*cking campers stop camping. Stop camping so I can leave. Admin please kick me so I can leave." :laugh:

I can understand being annoyed by people who camp on HQ making no attempt to cap the objectives, but this was ridiculous... I felt like wrapping the person in barbed wire and beating them with a stick. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X