Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Tactics

Hey guys,
    I just finished a round and I noticed a guy half way through going 30 - 0... impressive, but something was up.

So I continued watching the kill messages, and every once in a while you'd see an icon saying he killed himself.

He ended the game with a ~40-0 kill:death ratio.

So he was killing himself to avoid racking up deaths. I've seen some BS tactics before (friendly fire to get more ammo), but this was beyond belief.

Opinions?

Does that work? surely a deaths a death....well that new on me, pretty pathetic as well imo.

Comment

Well...you can still do it as long as kill cam isn't on and you have a good spot...

and you have...some skill.

Comment

Ok, this wasn't a bragging post for you guys to start posting your stuff, he was killing himself to prevent himself from dying.

I can play well without such cheap tactics:

Comment

Ha, some people will do anything. But why bother manipulating your own kill/death ratio? It isn't tracked like BF2 and nobody else can see it except for in the current round, right?

Comment

Yeah, but if he likes to show off his stats, he can show people how he has so few deaths.

Very low IMO

Comment

^^^ agreed

And i love what the guy typed in Aerialz pic lol. Some people are so bitter :shakehead

Comment

IMO these are the main cheap tactics in this game:

Killing yourself
                5 feet GL
                Knife killing as a primary weapon in CQC

i could go on....

Comment

I don't get why you people think the knife is so bad...

if you miss, you're done for. Adds a lot to the game IMO.

@FlamesFan, he was bitching at me all round long about it, and I had enough
                  He was all like "Yeah, the other day I went 30 - 0" then I go 40 - 0 and he's all immature about it.

Comment

In my opinion, primarily knifing in CQC isn't cheap. You stay off the UAV by not firing off a shot. However, most people probably try to do it as a "humiliation" thing.

Comment

I like using my knife in CQC... it makes me happy.

I also play a 'rusher' where I'm always on the move, so I'm not fond of campers, either -- just like the guy in Aerialz screenie.

The difference between him and me is that I recognize that there is more than one way to play this game to bring enjoyment to myself and victory to my team.

If I had my choice, I'd mod the game to remove all non-shooting aspects. I really like to shoot and move, shoot and move. All the noob tubing, nading, knifing, C4ing, etc gets in the way of lining up a shot in the ol iron sights and shooting. That's what I enjoy the most.

But, that's not this game. All of those things are part of the game and you'll become a stronger player once you adapt to them instead of allowing yourself to be frustrated by them.

Comment

Rofl, suicides don`t count as deaths? well, time to bind suicide.
                        God I hated that tactic in AA but I used it myself just to piss people off.

Now using the barret as a assault, cqb weapons is something I don`t really like but I still do it when I can.

Comment

Lol, gotta love Aerialz for being them ost social human being on the planet :laugh:

I only play Call of Duty 4 for fun, nothing else. But if i want to have 1337 stats, i'll play 2142 or BF2

Comment

^^ Lol... I do get carried away at times

Comment

How does anybody do 40-0 ???

I can easily get 5-0 camping pipeline killing the guys triyng to get to the top of the main building (Building with a "1" on it).

But how do you do that kind of score? Is it sniping on a huge server or something???

(BTW you can't kill yourself, I mean unless it's a jump right)?

Comment

Working...
                              X