Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Sensitivity Question - "Quick Change?"

Hey guys. Here's the deal.

I was sniping, not something I do often but whatever. Basically I was in a stationary position in a good spot, and getting the odd kill now and then. I found that my crosshair sometimes was very difficult to get onto somebody, for headshots especially. So I hit up "ESC", and changed my mouse sensitivity to the minimum (0.1). Wow, it made such a difference - it took a fraction of the time to "lock on" to somebody, and scope-sniping on the whole was so much more improved.

Of course, an enemy sneaks up my flank. I disengage the scope, but it takes around 250 separate movements of my mouse across my entire mousemat to flip the crosshair to the other side of the screen.

So basically, I need a way to isntantly change to Sensitivity 0.1, and instantly back to Sensitivity 1.

Possible?

Yeah... Kinda. Some mouses have an option to change the mouce sensitivity "on the run". But you could just set your mouce sensitivity to 0.4 or something Works great for me and i used to snipe alot on BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
      Yeah... Kinda. Some mouses have an option to change the mouce sensitivity "on the run".
      Yeah, I've used a mouse like that, unfortunately I don't have one and I'm not going to purchase one either. Also I'd prefer it to be the BF2 mouse sensitivity setting changed, and not the system mouse sensitivity.

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
      But you could just set your mouce sensitivity to 0.4 or something Works great for me and i used to snipe alot on BF2.
      No, I've around a thousand hours of "pwning noobs" using 1.0 , I'm not about to change now :cry:

Comment

I doubt you can do that in game without making macros and changing files that might get you kicked by PB.

Comment

i definitely snipe a lot and i have my sensitivity set at 0.8, which is pretty good for both scope sighting and normal combat

Comment

Get a mouse with sens change on the fly It will also help you guiding TV missiles

Comment

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=43. i use the razor mouse. it helps cause i change the sensitivity when im flying ect....

Comment

i guess u can only do wat waahh_wahh says and set it to somewhere in between and then juts get use to it. or u can be like everyone else and snipe with 1.0 and work on ur hand coordination

Comment

Bah, I guess I was just too used to the full-customisability of CS:Source. Conscript, my hand co-ordination is exceptional, but it's even better when I use a lower sensitivity

Comment

Originally posted by BlackC5
                    http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=43. i use the razor mouse. it helps cause i change the sensitivity when im flying ect....
                    is that even necessary as you can have different sensitivities in the options menu for combat, land vehicles, boats, flying etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
                      is that even necessary as you can have different sensitivities in the options menu for combat, land vehicles, boats, flying etc.
                      Of course it is..

"Oh look. I'm in a plane - I need to change my sensitivity.

<options menu opens> <sensitivity changes> < options menu closed>

You are dead"

Comment

Working...
                      X