Getting Headshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Headshots

Ok i hit level 55 ages ago now and have completed all the "get so many kills challenges" and so its time to get some gold weapons and go for the headshots.

here lies my problem, is it just me or are headshots in this game really hard to get? i find myself shooting point blank at peoples faces and getting a normal kill, it can be quite frustrating, so i ask, other than aiming for the head, are there any other tips on getting headshots with guns?

Haha, yeah.

I find myself getting more headshots in CQC than when I actually try to get them.

My only tip: Aim for the head
    The movement in CoD4 is so much greater than games like BF2 (with the running animations and such) so it's hard to get a decent headshot.

With the sniper rifle: self explanatory.
    With shotgun: Aim around the neck/shoulders, you normally get a headshot for that.
    SMG: Spray Neck level.

Comment

no i found it to be quite easy, i have'nt done the all, but i wanted to get 75 head shots on 2 guns to get my 250 points for both, i only needed about 15-20 for each as u get them n e way just by playing, but i got the rest for both guns like in 20-30mins of playing. just play as if ur gunna knife'em, both shot them in the back of the head instead, thats the quick way, dont try and do it at distance, ran round, use the red dots on the mini map to ur advantage.

Comment

i just find i can shoot peoples toes sometimes and get headshots its odd. I find them really hard in this game.

Comment

My tip...use the sniper kit, for me is one of the better ways to get a HS.

Comment

Originally posted by NIgHtCRaWL3R View Post
            sniping is easy for headshots, that im fine with, but im on about the AR's, SMG's and shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by NIgHtCRaWL3R View Post
              Agree, but not if you allready have that award.

EDIT: You beat me..

Comment

Well another way is use the radar to snaking behind or side your enemy and get the HS(thats the easy way), mmm...another way could be this from:

[MBMG] Aerialz
                With shotgun: Aim around the neck/shoulders, you normally get a headshot for that.
                SMG: Spray Neck level.
                Really a useful tip that one.

Comment

Dont go playing a round saying "i have to get headshots" just play around and the headshots rolll in,its what i did for my g3,got 25 headshots in 5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo View Post
                    Dont go playing a round saying "i have to get headshots" just play around and the headshots rolll in,its what i did for my g3,got 25 headshots in 5 rounds.
                    i am kinda thinking that, aim higher instead of for the body all the time.

Comment

Well with the g3 its easier since you have to pick your shots,but i love hardcore mode now .

Comment

i need like 500 more headshots for gold Uzi, about 100 for sniper but thats easy, and about 750 for assault rifles.

what mode is best for racking up alot of headshots?

Comment

Headquarters is the longest round, unless you find a long TDM, so it will give you plenty of time to warm up and keep the ball rolling.

Comment

Also "sweeping" across a target at head level often results in a headshot unless you're using a gun with a lot of recoil. I personally find it very difficult to get headshots in CoD4 though.

Comment

I find I get a lot of headshots accidentally... perks like Steady Aim must be helping me out.

Comment

Working...
                              X