Perks Need Revamped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support_Hog View Post
    I am finally getting used to this game...how awesome! Only regret I still have is the fact that Perk 2 is fulll of goodies that you cant use without giving up the uav jammer. What is the point. I am no run and gunner so if I give up my stealth the other perks don't even matter! Here is an idea for the COD team! For the next mod make it to where you have three perks total to choose from, not just one from each tier!!!! I really want to use uav jammer double tap and Steady aim together.....that would be awesome!!! I am not complaining at all, I love the game. Just a suggestion!:salute:
    I agree but I really think they should allow use to use all the perk's we want or at least 2 from each tier it would help balence the game alot and make it alot more fun for people.. I just don't like how IW put's a limit on our fun.. I mean if the server want's to allow the use of more perk's it should be allowed.. It would help the game alot.. I also think we should be able to use as much add on's as we want.. like a Red-Dot and a Silencer.. I would love to have my G36C with both.. But being able to use the perk's you want to use is a must..

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
      I agree but I really think they should allow use to use all the perk's we want or at least 2 from each tier it would help balence the game alot and make it alot more fun for people.. I just don't like how IW put's a limit on our fun.. I mean if the server want's to allow the use of more perk's it should be allowed.. It would help the game alot.. I also think we should be able to use as much add on's as we want.. like a Red-Dot and a Silencer.. I would love to have my G36C with both.. But being able to use the perk's you want to use is a must..
      I dont agree at all, eventually it would end up like the kits in 2142, a few weapons and perks would become the only ones used and the rest would be viewed as useless and would be because you have destroyed what gives the perks so much value, the fact that you cant put al the "uber" ones together.

Ex stopping power, juggernot, and deap impact.

Comment

Im sure a mod will come out with something like this in half a year, so just wait till then if you wish to sample an unbalanced perk system!

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
          I agree but I really think they should allow use to use all the perk's we want or at least 2 from each tier it would help balence the game alot and make it alot more fun for people.. .
          Yea, it would be really fun to play against people that are not on the radar, don't make any sound when moving, can kill you with 1 pistol shot in the arm, have increased health, carry 3 frag grenades and a rocket launcher all at the same time...

... not.

Comment

I think we should be able to trade off a perk for an extra attachment.

IE, M4 with M203 taking up perk 1, silencer taking up perk 2, reflex sight taking up perk 3.

Perks are kind of arcadish for me, and I've never been in a situation where my perks have saved me in a way a better way than a weapon could have. UAV Jammer? I'll take a silencer and reflex sight instead, the sweep only hits so often, so move away and watch your old position as enemies flock to it, then shoot them all, rinse, repeat.

Comment

IW made three perk categories for a reason. So you couldn't pick the same two perks in a category for balance reasons! Imagine if you picked Martyrdom and Last stand. That wouldn't be unbalanced that would just be dumb. And that's why their in the same category.
              I like the above poster's idea though, that might be balanced.

Comment

Yeah its all about balance,imagine having sleight of hand and double tap.

Comment

Bandolier and noob tube at the same time. 4 grenades anyone?

Comment

Now theres a sickening thought.

Comment

well if you don't like that type of server then don't play in the server's taht would allow it.. I mean all I want is the option to be able to do it.. if you don't like it, don't play in the server, jackass.. I know alot of people would love to be able to use more perk's and all the add on's.. and really where do you get 1 shot ain the arm?? it would take just as much shot's to kill someone as is does now..

Comment

Dude, calm down. We and the TC were talking about ranked play. In ranked play, allowing perks in the same category would be unbalanced for all the reasons people said above. But you probably can mod a server to allow as many perks as you want allready by poking around the program files, and once the mod tools come out, it'll be even easier. So IW doesn't need to do anything to do what you want I think.

Comment

yes I know in ranked play it is a good idea to make sure everyone can't use all the perk's.. but when someone say's my idea is dumb I will defend my idea.. all i was saying is it would be a cool option if the server could allow more then 3 perk's and allow you to use more then 1 add on.. The server would be able to pick what other perk's you can use.. I don't see how that would not work in ranked.. I mean of corse you would not be allowed to use certin perk's due to being over powered.. non of the other posters that dissed my idea even took the time to think about it and way's to make it work.. I did not say the game suck's and all server's need to allow more perk's. I said it would be cool to see.. I know alot of people would like that idea, hell I have seen other post's talking about it.. just cuz you don't like the idea it does not mean it will not work and everyone else hate's the idea to..

Comment

And the reason why nobody has even considered your idea is that most players want the game to be balanced and challenging.

Comment

Yeah, more perk slots would be so arcadish it would make me sick. It is ok as it is now, but if they took all the perks away I would like the game just as much. I am only talking about the perks that are unreal, like double tap and stuff like that.
                              What I would love is a hardcore server with no unreal perks.
                              They can keep the arcadish perks for the consoles.
                              But that's just my opinion.

Comment

I'm loving this forum, it's not blocked at my job and you guys are answering all of my questions! Here's another one: Isn't silencer and UAV Jammer redundant? Having one of those two means that you will NOT show up on enemy radar, no matter what, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X