Perks Need Revamped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perks Need Revamped!!

I am finally getting used to this game...how awesome! Only regret I still have is the fact that Perk 2 is fulll of goodies that you cant use without giving up the uav jammer. What is the point. I am no run and gunner so if I give up my stealth the other perks don't even matter! Here is an idea for the COD team! For the next mod make it to where you have three perks total to choose from, not just one from each tier!!!! I really want to use uav jammer double tap and Steady aim together.....that would be awesome!!! I am not complaining at all, I love the game. Just a suggestion!:salute:

well, that's the whole point of the perk system. So you don't get to choose two perks from the same level, cause that would be too good and overpowered.

It's all down to balancing. If you pick stopping power, double tap and juggernaut you'd be ****ing unstoppable :s

Comment

As he said, it's all about balance. IW knew they were putting a lot of good perks in slot 2. They did it on purpose to make you decide on a strength for your class. You've chosen stealth, so that means you give up hitting power, or more health, etc... We all play with the same restrictions.

If you could pick ANY 3 perks, a couple "dominate" classes would show up and people would only use those. I sure this is how it started during their internal testing, they saw this is what would happen and designed the current system to prevent it.

It's also why they don't let you edit your classes mid-round. It further forces you to pick role and work with what you have rather then always having the optimal load out for every situation.

It's the same reason they limit you to one attachment per weapon. Without it everyone would be running around with a silencer and scope.

Comment

Ya Ferali and cantina_fly hit it on the head.

I am still so so so so so soooooooooooo incredibly impressed out how they implemented this system.

You can literally pick any weapon and use any perks and make it work.

Its truly balanced and not boring/cookie cutter at the same time.

****ing amazing, its a work of art if you ask me.

/end rant

Comment

If you like to be stealthy, the silencer is still a great option even without a having a UAV jammer. I like to have a couple custom classes that are differ slightly from a main concept..

Comment

I also think that a lot of thought and testing went into the Perk system. It appears to be very well balanced and that is what makes the game so playable.

Just imagine trying to start a new Private and attempting to take on a veteran player who was able to mix and match perks you haven't unlocked. Some combinations would make it so you'd have a very slim chance of defeating the more veteran opponent. IW's careful balancing act with these Perks has made the above scenario one we don't have to worry about.

Comment

It is meant for balance, if everybody could have all the perks they wanted, the game would be horrid.

Comment

I agree with the above posts. Excellent balance between the perks...I love them all.

edit: Except for Martyrdom. That one needs to die a horrible death.

Comment

Lol yea people only ever seem to have martyrdom when your in a tight corridor lol

Comment

I hate Martyrdom, because it prevents fast advancing after you kill someone. They could just remove it. There's enough grenades already.
                    The rest is good as it is. Three perks from any tier would be too much.

Comment

Martydom is on;y annoying when you have teammates around that do not watch their nade indicator, and so they stand still in doorways that would lead to safety, and get the both of you killed. Idiot teamates need to be nerfed... or buffed with intelligence or something.

Comment

i agree with all this, and such, but i find the M40 with deep impact needs to be looked at, i think it doesnt go walls that it should do,

also, i really think sniper rifles should get silencers

Comment

Sniper rifles with silencer and significantly less powerful than those without them (in real life that is), because the munitions required to use in unison with the silencers is lower caliber (I think).

If there were silenced sniper rifles, they should be gimped in terms of stopping power.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Sike3000 View Post
                            dear god please.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Sike3000 View Post
                              Balance, thats why I think they should not. If they do get silencers they should make you lose perk 2 category that way you cant use UAV jammer.

Originally posted by AutoFodder
                              Sniper rifles with silencer and significantly less powerful than those without them (in real life that is), because the munitions required to use in unison with the silencers is lower caliber (I think).

If there were silenced sniper rifles, they should be gimped in terms of stopping power.
                              Not true about the caliber part. You cant just change the caliber on a gun. That would be like saying if you get a custom exhause kit on your car your going to need a new engine and drive train.

Silencers work on the caliber the gun is supposed to, ex M16 is .223, and M16 silenced is still .223.

Comment

Working...
                              X