why can't we put down a new beacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThirtyOughtSix View Post
    now that you can't pod surf, you actually have to fight/sneak/drive whatever your way back there....
    your words not mine.

Comment

spawning should give you maybe 2 seconds of invulnerability.now all you need is a recon and a support to lock down a beacon indefinitely.

Comment

Does the NS beacon still drop players in pods? Maybe they should change that unlock so squad members just "appear" like regular spawning. It'd be harder to camp when you don't see them coming.

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
        spawning should give you maybe 2 seconds of invulnerability.now all you need is a recon and a support to lock down a beacon indefinitely.
        That's a good suggestion but I can see a new exploit coming from this:
        GOD MODE

Comment

Stupid NS beacon doesn't do anything. I've never spawned in 10 seconds.

Comment

yeah i'm not too sure how that works too. i've spawned in 8s before but that was way after an NS beacon was put down =\
            maybe its gotta do with how many other EA games the SL bought? :laugh:

Comment

In my opinion, SB are designed that way because if they weren't, the game would look like a Quake arena. You normally spawn on fixed places without surfing (except maybe transports) and without a smoke trail, but all the others know about these fixed places. But when you spawn on a SB, this can be anywhere on a map, I mean everywhere, even in places you cannot normally pod surf, because you can always drop with a chute from a transport and place your SB on a high rooftop. So, little damage has been done with cutting off the pod surfing.

Even without pod surfing, even without much "mobility" to SB, a well-placed one can win a round completely. It is a standard Titan tactic to deploy a SB right between the two enemy AA where it is hard to reach. Keep in mind that, in theory, you can have as many SB as half the players in each team, so we're talking about A LOT of SB (I don't think there is any total limit, is there?). If they could be dropped or moved more freely, it would really be a mess.

Comment

9 squads max, so 18 beacons maximum for both teams if everyone decided to drop one.

And what about rooftopping on Berlin and other city maps?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                  9 squads max, so 18 beacons maximum for both teams if everyone decided to drop one.

And what about rooftopping on Berlin and other city maps?
                  Ooops, my mistake, of course 9 squads max means 18 SB max. But still this is A LOT of SB and, with a good pilot, you can get on in 99% of all the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by MohicanGR View Post
                    Ooops, my mistake, of course 9 squads max means 18 SB max. But still this is A LOT of SB and, with a good pilot, you can get on in 99% of all the maps.
                    Most maps don't have AIRCRAFT.

Comment

Working...
                    X