COD4 just another arcade game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 just another arcade game

I just can't see COD4 growing much if the maps do not get larger. All it seems to be is a bunch of people running in circles shooting as fast as they can. There is no real strategy or much team work. Something is wrong when the scores are so lopsided. People racking up 400 pts in a 5 minute game.

And the ranking system is bogus...By the end of the year everyone is going to be Admiral of the Swiss Navy. Then what?

Sorry....But I'm bored...and this comes from an old gamer who grew up on Avalon Hill's Panzer Blitz, when it first came out some 35-36 years ago.

Not a rant just a critique. This could be a great game if it wants to be.

Take care and good hunting.

Originally posted by Soldat44 View Post
    And the ranking system is bogus...By the end of the year everyone is going to be Admiral of the Swiss Navy. Then what?
    Then those people who ONLY play for their stats will have had their fill and drift off to other games, and the remaining players (which will be A LOT), will then move to unranked servers, which will then be running custom maps and various mods once the tools come out.

Best of both worlds, when you think about it. IW has planned this out well. And, whose to say that future patches won't tweak the ranking/challenges system to add more, as well as weapons and perks? Lots of possibilities.

Comment

I agree that the maps need to be much larger. I'm not sure whether to blame the weaker consoles or IW, but either way custom maps (even ports from old CoD games) should help a lot.

I also like the short ranking system because it will help populate unranked servers when people get bored with/stop caring about stats.

Comment

I want a more linear type of map, where there is a set battlefront which gets advanced. I want Camp G dammit... but you get the point.

Comment

It's not Battlefield, FFS if you're gonna complain I'll give you the link: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/bf2.php

Play with less than 32 people in a server if it's so bad. Try a ten man game (total, not per team). Join a clan and play with them. Try using voice chat with random people, maybe they'll work with you. I don't really feel like going on, but you get the idea.

Sorry for the little rant, but how the hell do you expect there to be any innovation in games if all you do is compare them to each other?

Comment

I dunno about that.. I mean look how long BF2 is lasting cod4 is much better I think it will last a while.. I really like the map's they are well done it just to many server's try to put 32 people on some of the map's that are ment for 16 people.. I am really happy that the map sizes are not to big..

Comment

I hate playing on servers with over 20 players.

The fun is on a an 8 a side server running hardcore headquarters. It's very tactical.

Comment

I never play on a server with more than 16 on, some of the best games ive had are with clan mates and 3 v 3 it becomes a different game.

ohh and by the way i love this game...

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk
                  I hate playing on servers with over 20 players.

The fun is on a an 8 a side server running hardcore headquarters. It's very tactical.
                  hardcore servers are the way to go. :yay:

Comment

The only thing I'd say would be nice is if we had more maps, larger or smaller, I don't mind, but more is better. The ranking system I think is fine, way better then BF2 or 2142 anyday.

Comment

Need more Russian maps like Overgrown, ME ones can burn in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                        Need more Russian maps like Overgrown, ME ones can burn in hell.
                        Are you russian

Comment

I do agree that the ME map's are not to good at all.. I really am sick of them.. Someone made a server with no ME maps but no one was playing in it last time I checked.. I really wish people would start playing in it or make a clan server that has no ME map's it would be a hit..

Comment

The OP has a few valid points, but others have pointed out how to have good games. We've gotten used to wanting lots of players to play against, but these maps are really good up to about 16-18 players total.

Are there CoD1&2 experts here? What has been the track record for IW releasing additional content and/or expanding the game's capabilities? I'm from the Battlefield series, so I don't have much experience with IW products.

I really enjoy the Middle Eastern maps because it gives me a vicarious experience of being out in the midst of things with our troops in the field. I have developed a real love for Overgrown, though. It is quickly becoming my favorite map.

Comment

Originally posted by ATM743
                              hardcore servers are the way to go. :yay:
                              Agreed, I can see in the future more and more hardcore servers will pop up, as well as ladders and competitions. Not only will people have to use their eyes to locate other people (rather than a red dot hud) but if your not fast enough, your dead.

And the maps are too small, everyone knows this. I imagine IW know this and are trying to remedy the situation in future patches (I have confidence they will produce more maps).

Plus if someone can produce some really good custom maps, everyones laughing.

And on the matter of ranks. Its perfect because IW have almost tricked the stat padding, rank whores into thinking this was ranked, when in reality its not, it just takes you a while to get the full selection of guns. By the time the rank whores realise this, they are immersed in a great game :P

Comment

Working...
                              X