No announcement yet.

Why would anyone use the Zeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i get popped with the zeller with heavy armor i go down to 10 and 20 or so with the stocks. I don't know about light armor because i rarely use it and don't really get hit by snipers while wearing it

Comment

Waste of an unlock IMO...well at least if you're just a sniper. If you're team oriented, maybe it'd be useful for the explosive removal capability..but otherwise, no, it loses to the stock rifles in almost everyway short of damage, which is negligible as it is relatively rare that you are gonna have a soldier with 89 rather than 64 health. The scope, sound, clip size are inferior to the stock rifles...I have no idea why I unlocked it.

Comment

the zellar is kinda useful in titan when supporting. when the core opens up every recon will start planting 2938722 rdx and APMs in the doorway. 1 zellar shot will blow everything up and hopefully cause a few TKs for the recons =D
        i've actually gotten someone kicked from the server cos the rdx i zellar'ed killed 5 friendlies nearby. i never got credit for the kills though )=

Comment

Zeller is infact more accurate than the stock rifles when you're moving.

An example: Imagine you see a sniper on the other side of the map, he sees you and you hide behind a wall. You decide to go for it and quickly pop out and do a headshot on him. You'll hit a lot easier with the Zeller than with the stock rifles. I've also done headshots with the Zeller while running, something I haven't managed yet to do with Moretti/Park 52.

But if you're the kinda sniper that sits in one place and doesn't move much, the stock rifles are the way to go due to their larger clip.

Comment

^Agreed.

Another reason I love the Zeller is cause it allows access to the Ghost I LOVE my ghost! Got my Gold Pistol Badge on my first try with the Ghost, and I was able to fulfill my "Knife the NfB Clan" by using it.

Comment

also does the zeller no leave a bullit trail so u know where the sniper is located after he shot major dis advantage if you ask me

Comment

Bah, the second a sniper shoots and misses I know where he is shooting from, regardless of what rifle he used. There are so few hiding spots in this game, and it doesn't take long to learn them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                  I LOVE my ghost! Got my Gold Pistol Badge on my first try with the Ghost, and I was able to fulfill my "Knife the NfB Clan" by using it.
                  :salute:

Comment

I'm not really sure why but it seems that the bullet travels faster with the Zeller then the stock rifles. I also like my enemies to hear the loud bang before they die =D

Comment

The Zeller is worse than the stock rifles. The extra damage inflicted is irrelevant. To be a worthwhile upgrade it should be silenced. Or have a better scope to mitigate it's smaller magazine and bulkier size.

Comment

stock rifle>zeller
                        if you want to destroy the apms in titans use the rdx shotgun, 2 shots everthing goes boom.
                        zeller sucks, it's waste of unlock,

btw why are we discussing this, i've seen thousands of the "zeller sucks" thread already, it sucks the end

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                          The Zeller is worse than the stock rifles. The extra damage inflicted is irrelevant. To be a worthwhile upgrade it should be silenced. Or have a better scope to mitigate it's smaller magazine and bulkier size.
                          It's not an upgrade, it's an alternative.

Comment

i used to use the zellar a lot, but then switched over to stock and it is way easier to kill people with IMO, i hate the scope and the damage to body is stupid, i am for the head unless i know they have low health

as for blowing things up, i carry rdx in the titan, so its easier and usually there is chaos in titan anyway, no really good reason to snipe inside a titan unless only a few people inside

Comment

Working...
                            X