Why would anyone use the Zeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone use the Zeller?

I think its a complete waste, the scope view width is terribly small compared to the stocks, it has less shots than the stocks, same damage, louder which reveals positions to smart players, and is long, which also may reveal positions. Other than the fact that is sounds and looks cool, is there any real advantage?

But the damage is biggerm if u shot an light armored guy in the cheast he will die (i think) and the redish scope (its not red on full details) is good when the visibility sucks

Comment

just a couple o mins watchin {mEr} jo-slong earn a destingo with the sniper rifle on 2142

&

Comment

Zeller is well worth it, just wished it had 5 shoots instead of 3.

Comment

Bullit, I didnt say you couldnt still own with it, I said that I didnt think it was as easy to aim with as the stocks, I never got much help with the color, but the sight on the Zeller is a small circle, compared to the large square on the Morretti. Well nobody uses light armor from my experiences, 2142 maps arent as wide and useful for them as maybe BF2.

Comment

It gets rid of explosives without having to use up a RDX pack, that's the only reason I use it.

Comment

yes the zheller is pretty lack luster... But like said it can remove explosives, it does more damage (not really that useful since if your a sniper you had better be getting head shots which are 1hit kills anyhow.

Also while those videos show some nice kill streaks how does it prove anything in the zhellers favor vs the stock snipers? All the shots you took are just as doable with the stocks and you would have had to reload less.

Comment

I use the Zeller... I dunno, I just like it more. Maybe cause the scope is the same for EU and PAC, maybe cause it can kill Explosives, maybe cause it does more damage. I also like to charge in with my sniper rifle, no scope a guy in the body and then whip out my Pistol. With the Stocks, you still need several pistol shots to finish em, with the Zeller one hit should do it. Meh, if you can't use/don't like the Zeller, thats your problem.

Comment

Personally I just use the stock rifles when sniping is in order, but for me that's not very often....

Comment

zeller scope is barely red for me and i just like it better :hmm:

Comment

I use the stock riffles more, a head shot is a headshot regardless of which one you use. I still use the zeller once in a while in order to not make it feel like a useless unlock. lol.

My accuracy is way better with the zeller because i am more carefull with every shot, because they are so crucial. The zeller's reloading time is as bad or even worst than the voss

Comment

zeller just sounds sexy.

Comment

Facts about the zeller...

Cons:
                          -Zeller has only 3 rounds instead of 5
                          -Zeller is louder
                          -Zeller has a smaller scope

Pros:
                          -Zeller can kill a lightly armor infantry in one shot to the chest (instead of just the head)... note this does NOT WORK if they are wearing heavy armor, but it does still do more damage then the standard sniper rifle
                          -Zeller can destroy explosives... this includes APMs, Motion Mines, EMP Mines, and RDX. (the regular sniper rifles cannot do this)

Those are some pretty nice pros, but personally I find that I always go for the headshots anyways (which are one shot kills either way) and I'd rather have the extra ammo... being able to destroy explosives with it is nice, but is situtational.

I like the standard rifles over the zeller, I can kill people faster and those extra bullets have actually gotten me out of jams before (like I just killed 3 people, and an enemy sniper spotted me, and I had to kill him before he killed me).

Comment

It's useful enough at removing the motion mine spam for maps like fall of berlin or on titan when the reactor room is open and you want to get rid of the apm/rdxes as well as taking a shot at the defenders inside. Also gets rid of sentry guns in one shot too. The extra damage it does can also make the difference when fighting along with a squad. Your squad wittle them down abit and you finish them off without needing to expend concentration on doing a headshot on a usually not-so-easy-to-hit-nor-stationary target.

But if headshots is your thing, then you are better off with the stock rifles.

Comment

The Zeller doesn't kills in one hit while you have light armor, i use light armor and when i get hit by a Zeller i stay with 10 health, if you are using Heavy armor, you stay with 21 health.

The strange thing about this gun is that it has a silencer, but it's actually very loud.

Comment

Working...
                              X