Deep Impact / Stopping power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Impact / Stopping power

Are there some guns that do not require deep impact? I notice the LMGs seem to shoot through material fine without it, but maybe with it, they can shoot through even more?

Anyone test that?

Another one mentioned is stopping power with the .50 cal. Does it really help or does it make any "real" difference?

Those are just examples, are there other guns that it doesnt make a difference or does it all help?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

With the .50 cal you do not need Deep Impact or Stopping power it can shoot through material fine without it. M60E4 M249 RPD do not need Deep Impact but Stopping power or Double Tap are good to have. IMO

Comment

Or sleight of Hand, good for fast Re-loading

Comment

It's all subjective. I don't think anyone has done any real testing to verify things. And if they have, they haven't reported it. There are a lot of people wanting hard numbers on how the perks affect each weapon.

Comment

all weapon's need stopping power it is a must.. as for deep impact I only use it on my RPD, it help's alot when someone goes for cover and you can just keep shooting at them..

Comment

The RPD is one of the only weapons which doesn't need Deep Impact to shoot through walls...

Comment

I guess Im going have to get some people together and run some tests. Not really hard numbers, but a yes/no on these perks doing something with the weapons.

I know that sounds crazy to some, but who wants to use a perk that does nothing for the weapon they chose?

And yea, sleigh of hand sure comes in handy

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Deep Impact/Stopping Power will add more punch to ANY weapon, but as some have said, the LMG's and Sniper Rifles both already have higher material penetration capabilities than SMGs/Assault Rifles.

Sniper Rifles very likely have increased stopping power on their own by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                  Deep Impact/Stopping Power will add more punch to ANY weapon, but as some have said, the LMG's and Sniper Rifles both already have higher material penetration capabilities than SMGs/Assault Rifles.

Sniper Rifles very likely have increased stopping power on their own by default.
                  Agreed :salute:

Comment

Working...
                  X