UT3 is DEAD..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 is DEAD..

I just got this game today.. I noticed there where a few server's up but only one with people in it.. It is Saturday (when the most people would be playing) I really was hoping this gaming would be kinda cool.. I mean I just spent 50 buck's on it and there is no single player, well with bot's but why would anyone do that.. anyway I am just warning anyone that is thinking about getting this game.. It really is not that good as it is I just wanted a good MP game to play when I wanted a brake from COD4.. I did find a game but my ping was just to high... out of all the server's maby 4 of them has a few people in them but they where not cali based and the ping as 150 or higher.. and with UT3 being a very fast pace game.. you gotta have very good ping..

Theres no single player in UT3? Thats a shame as there was in 03 and 04...

Comment

yeah i know, i went and got it today and in aus we have one server i can see. and its got 2 people on it.

Comment

No single player campaign?

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

???

Comment

Well there is bot's, I would not call it a campaign but that is just me.

Comment

Well there wont be players from the internet in a singleplayer campaign. of course its bots.

Comment

UT3 is not dead, the game just came out. What gametype were you looking for? There seem to be plenty of servers when i look to find a game. The server browser is not the best and the filters can make it hard to find stuff. There is a patch coming that will address the browser issues. Alot of people are waiting till Christmas and not everyones computer can play it. Have patience more people will be playing.

did some more research: currently @ 1:15pm on Sunday there are 1,343 people online playing with a total of 10,651 users. Seems to be a decent amount of players for a game that just game out.

Comment

Jesus Christ, how long has the game been out? and someone already calling it dead.

Can`t wait to get my copy. It`s gonna kick ***.

Comment

The games far from dead! Lots of people ive spoken to are waiting till x-mas like mentioned above, people have already forked out for crysis and cod4 so unfortuantly this has been put back for some.

Ive been on a few times and i like it, but im waiting till more of my clan mates get it as i find it a little boring playing against randoms.

Cod4 has had alot more hype, but im sure in the next month or so this will pick up and be a rival for it.

Comment

ive always been a fan of the ut multi player games.

this one seems a good upgrade from ut2004,

what ive always like about the UT games is there always lots of mods for them,
                    not to mention custom skins and the voice packs.

i play 2004 over lan with a few mates,and the voice packs are good for some giggles.

given time this game will only get better with mods and the usual stuff that UT has to offer.

as stated patience is key.

Comment

I think this will be a lot like UT03 which was a disaster and I expect epic will release a big paid for expansion in 6 months or so, rather unlike when they released UT04 and gave people half their money back who had bought UT03

Comment

UT03 was a distaster for a couple of reasons. UT3 doesn`t have these problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rumple9 View Post
                          I think this will be a lot like UT03 which was a disaster and I expect epic will release a big paid for expansion in 6 months or so, rather unlike when they released UT04 and gave people half their money back who had bought UT03
                          yeah it would be nice.. another thing I really dont get is why the game look's so bad.. Other game's using the UT3 engin looked better.. I just think they could have done way better.. but that is not the prob it is the lack of players. If a bunch of ppl got the game it would help alot.. maby 2000-3000 so we could have some people playing in the servers.. and as for ppl saying the game has not been out long.. that is true but look at other game's.. after the first 2 day's in cod4 we had so much ppl online playing same with TF2..

Comment

COD4 and TF2 can run on most systems that are 2-4 years old. Neither of these games even compare in graphics/gameplay to UT3. I own both of them and play COD4 a few times a week as well as TF2. A computer that is 2-4 years old will run UT3 but not at a level as say a dual core machine with a up to date video card.

I still don't know what you mean by the game looking so bad. The graphics are absolutely stunning and way better than any other game out with maybe the exception of Crysis. I put a post with screenshots from the single player and those look amazing and are not even maxed out in the graphics settings.

Originally posted by rumple9 View Post
                            i am sorry but that is utter BS. No game company would ever refund money because some people did not like their game.

Comment

Well I don't mean it look's like crap but for a DX10 game I was thinking it would look way better. I don't want beef here. I was just saying there are not much players I was sending a warning out to other ppl that where thinking of buying UT3 by all means get the game but beware that not much people are playing it.. and that is the turth. I did play it for awhile the other day ( i found a CTF server) it was really fun and a good change.. just hard to find a good server..

Comment

Working...
                              X