Weapon attachments don't make sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon attachments don't make sense

I borrowed CoD4 from my friend this weekend, i love it. I use the M16 and G3, both of which i unlocked all the attachments. But there are some questions i have about them.

Why does the silencer decrease the range of your gun?

Why does the ACOG scope decrease accuracy? It's a freakin scope!

I hope IW patches this, but i know they proboblay won't.

Silencer decreases your range because to silence a bullet you have to decease the velocity which means less range.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo View Post
      Silencer decreases your range because to silence a bullet you have to decease the velocity which means less range.
      Also, it says it dont decrease damage. But it does.

Comment

And the ACOG scope in the game is designed to act a bit differently...it takes a bit longer to adjust accurately than the red dot/reflex sight, but has a greater zoom range. If you take mostly short-distance shots, go with the reflex. Med-longer range, try the ACOG, but wait a few fractions of a second before you fire.

Comment

Lately ive been using a reflex sight, and they are nice because the maps tend to be on the smaller side

Comment

yeha id say the red dot is the only useful attachment
            noob launcher...i mean nade launcher is well you no
            ACOG is too inaccurate especially for full atuo weaponry
            Sliencer is only so good when in close quarters gonna take you entire mag to a kill a guy the range/accuracy kills u bad
            grips take a perk spot and dont even work
            and the camos for the weapons are mostly useless just for show

well the m14 with red dot seems to be my winner

Comment

The ACOG is indeed a mixed bag. The current map layout doesn't really favor it as battles are fairly close. IW had to trade a little bit of realism for game balance otherwise it would be the only attachment anyone used.

The silencer is great for anyone who values stealth. You get more kills by catching your opponents unaware.

People HATE the n00b tube, but it's really a great weapon. It adds a lot of flexibility to your standard assault rifle. I really do think the unexploded round shouldn't do any damage if it hits you, but that my personal opinion.

I do feel the attackment options for the shotgun were kind of shoe horned in there. I mean a reflex sight???? It's a shot gun, with buckshot at that, not even slugs!! What I think they really should have done is let you unlock progressively larger clips like: 4, 8, 12, to represent you going from hand loaded, to a clip, to a drum.

The ACOG on the LMG's was a mistake IMO. One, they should overheat the way they do in every other modern shooter. Two, let players unlock an enhanced barrel which lets them fire more shots without overheating.

$.02

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
                The ACOG is indeed a mixed bag. The current map layout doesn't really favor it as battles are fairly close. IW had to trade a little bit of realism for game balance otherwise it would be the only attachment anyone used.

The silencer is great for anyone who values stealth. You get more kills by catching your opponents unaware.

People HATE the n00b tube, but it's really a great weapon. It adds a lot of flexibility to your standard assault rifle. I really do think the unexploded round shouldn't do any damage if it hits you, but that my personal opinion.

I do feel the attackment options for the shotgun were kind of shoe horned in there. I mean a reflex sight???? It's a shot gun, with buckshot at that, not even slugs!! What I think they really should have done is let you unlock progressively larger clips like: 4, 8, 12, to represent you going from hand loaded, to a clip, to a drum.

The ACOG on the LMG's was a mistake IMO. One, they should overheat the way they do in every other modern shooter. Two, let players unlock an enhanced barrel which lets them fire more shots without overheating.

$.02

1; I realy like the ACOG alot, I have alot of succes with it, and frankly if anybody else was more patient they'd use it. In hardcore it's beast.

2; The M203, is also great, I don't use it as a primary weapon, but when I'm outa ammo, or the guy is behind cover, I use it to smoke him out.

3; Realy soldiers use the ACOG on their LMGs, I picked one up, and it rocks. As for overheating, I'm glad that's not in, it's realistic, but I hate it.

Brad

Comment

Eh, wish they made your leg blow off if I shoot it with a .50 cal. Simple as that.

And like a shot to the foot shouldn't kill you..

Comment

IW made this game very well balance, there may be a few kinks in the knots, but if i were a profession reviewer i would give it 9.7 / 10

Comment

aye, its all most impossible to make a game prefect, IW have done a great job as we all know. its by far the best MP out their, so we cant complain too much.

If you made the gun to exectly what they should be like, then one gun would pi$$ most of the rest and your have everyone using that one gun.

Comment

The silencer has its uses especially in hardcore mode.

Comment

Originally posted by m3ow View Post
                          Also, it says it dont decrease damage. But it does.
                          I have not noticed this, my P90 silenced feels just as powerful, as does my G36C.

Comment

ACOG is great in hardcore where you need only 1 shot. It says reduced accuracy because it sways, the gun is the same still.

m3ow, the silencer keeps damage the same. My clan mates tested it on the M4. Takes the same shots to kill. This was at close range, of course at long range the silencer will reduce bullet strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatbob View Post
                              I borrowed CoD4 from my friend this weekend, i love it. I use the M16 and G3, both of which i unlocked all the attachments. But there are some questions i have about them.

Why does the silencer decrease the range of your gun?

Why does the ACOG scope decrease accuracy? It's a freakin scope!

I hope IW patches this, but i know they proboblay won't.
                              When a Bullet is fired out of a silencer, the bullets sound is reduched, but also is it's speed in which it travels.
                              you do have a good point about the ACOG scope. to bring up another good point, why would you need the ACOG scope in the first place for any of the weapons other then the sniper rifles?

Comment

Working...
                              X