Another mouse question - BF2 control binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another mouse question - BF2 control binding

I purchased the Logitech MX Revolution Mouse because it provided extra buttons/functionality.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/periph...ution-Mouse/p1

BF2 Client/options/controls only recognises certain buttons on a mouse (normally the top buttons, scroll wheel and maybe a button on the side) any more and you normally fail to bind that button against a BF action in options/controls.

I have another button on top and another scroll wheel on the side. Is it possible to configure BF2 to recognise more buttons on your mouse..

Fox

stupid q but you have installed the drivers correct?

Comment

Yes, drivers installed. The mouse software allows me to designate a key function against my mouse buttons. Except the side scroll wheel, that seems to have only flip/zoom functions (MS Office)
      When I am in BF2 Client controls, the mouse button isn't recognised.

Fox

Comment

Why didn't you just post in the thread where I described how I mapped every button?

Download uberoptions and install it. Then you can map buttons according to BF2.exe - see in the screenshot where it says "Program Select" and below it is a pulldown tab that says "All Programs" ?

You can change that to any .exe file you have on your computer. Set it as BF2.exe and then edit the buttons to your heart's content.

/thread, because nobody else knows wtf they're talking about.

Comment

I seen something around here for this I "believe", may have been in tech. Have you searched here? or google?

Comment

Originally posted by p-n*Cynic~Gunner View Post
            My mouse comes with 9 buttons which I use to full extent. All of the buttons are assigned to keystrokes ingame.

left and right click are left the same, as is the scroll wheel for changing weapons
            Pushing the scroll wheel to the right = F2, switches me to gunner seat
            Pushing scroll wheel left = F1, switches me to pilot seat
            Forward button = M - brings up the full screen map (which I have at 85% transparency so I can see where I'm flying with the map open all of the time
            Back button = right bracket = push to talk button for Ventrilo
            Pushing down the scroll wheel = F9 = moves the camera back to the cockpit from any other view, as I often fly in 3rd person. Flying in 3rd person is great for a chopper but you can't really line somebody up for a TV when you're flying in 3rd, so I mapped that so I wouldn't have to push C 4 times to get back to the cockpit view.
            read/learn

Comment

Thankyou........

Comment

Originally posted by p-n*Cynic~Gunner
                Why didn't you just post in the thread where I described how I mapped every button?

Download uberoptions and install it. Then you can map buttons according to BF2.exe - see in the screenshot where it says "Program Select" and below it is a pulldown tab that says "All Programs" ?

You can change that to any .exe file you have on your computer. Set it as BF2.exe and then edit the buttons to your heart's content.

/thread, because nobody else knows wtf they're talking about.
                Excellent program, thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                  Excellent program, thanks a lot!
                  It will change the way you play for realz.

Comment

It will change the way you play for realz.
                    Well, thats putting it "mildly". :laugh:

This piece of software unlocked so many options that its unbelievable. Its really tempting too, because creating macros on certain keys on my mouse would be possible in a matter of few clicks. But what I really like is the fact that I can now change the DPI changer keys (2) and the "program button" (1) into usable and mappable keys in any game.

Comment

Well, thats putting it "mildly". :laugh:

This piece of software unlocked so many options that its unbelievable. Its really tempting too, because creating macros on certain keys on my mouse would be possible in a matter of few clicks. But what I really like is the fact that I can now change the DPI changer keys (2) and the "program button" (1) into usable and mappable keys in any game.
                      Macros aren't as bad as everybody makes them out to be. I use macros. Crouch spamming macros, timed C4 tossing macros, no-recoil macros.... too bad I never play infantry and I suck at it. :dead:

But yea, you can completely custom-map your keyboard. Let me know how you get your stuff set up, I'm curious what other people find as efficient. Mostly everything I've changed is for helicopters only so let me know what else you do that's good.

Comment

I can already see some use. In BF2, when Im launching a TV missile, I have to click 3 times before the actual launch happens. Or in SWAT4, I can create a "throw grenade change back to main gun" macro, but I can do that "officially" using .ini files aswell (meaning, Im not circumventing or doing anything thats forbidden). Im going to play around with it, most definitely.

In the end, Im probably going to be using the program to make use off all the functionality keys on my mouse (I run a MX518), cant really say I feel the same about macros as you do.

Comment

I can already see some use. In BF2, when Im launching a TV missile, I have to click 3 times before the actual launch happens. Or in SWAT4, I can create a "throw grenade change back to main gun" macro, but I can do that "officially" using .ini files aswell (meaning, Im not circumventing or doing anything thats forbidden). Im going to play around with it, most definitely.

In the end, Im probably going to be using the program to make use off all the functionality keys on my mouse (I run a MX518), cant really say I feel the same about macros as you do.
                          Macros are fully allowed in both TWL and CAL competition for BF2. I don't know why everybody cries when people use macros, they're legal. Most CAL-M and CAL-O infy players use some sort of macro that adjusts for recoil for better headshots, dolphin diving, et cetera. Also, there's obvious macros for helicopters.

Comment

Macros are fully allowed in both TWL and CAL competition for BF2. I don't know why everybody cries when people use macros, they're legal. Most CAL-M and CAL-O infy players use some sort of macro that adjusts for recoil for better headshots, dolphin diving, et cetera. Also, there's obvious macros for helicopters.
                            People are complaining because it takes manual skill input out of the equation. Yes, macros can make a person perform better. If you honestly believe that the only necessary skill input is mouse input, you need to do some soulsearching. Keyboard input is as important as is the mouse input. Im willing to bet that the reason CAL/TWL allows macros, is because they know you cant tell nor control the spread of the problem, so they just allow it.

I know I would feel quilty if a macro did dolphin diving or C4 chucking for me. Or even worse, if I used the TV missile macro.

Comment

People are complaining because it takes manual skill input out of the equation. Yes, macros can make a person perform better. If you honestly believe that the only necessary skill input is mouse input, you need to do some soulsearching. Keyboard input is as important as is the mouse input. Im willing to bet that the reason CAL/TWL allows macros, is because they know you cant tell nor control the spread of the problem, so they just allow it.

I know I would feel quilty if a macro did dolphin diving or C4 chucking for me. Or even worse, if I used the TV missile macro.
                              Meh, I have no qualms. I don't believe that mouse input is the only thing that makes a player, that's just ludicrous. I'm the only person I know who can line a gunner up properly for shots on J10s consistently, and that has little to do with a TV macro. Yes, macros make you curve shots better. No, they do not make it any easier to hit choppers. The main reason I got a macro was I was sick and tired of clicking. I ran a program while I was playing BF2 for one day that counts your clicks, and I clicked something like 8,000 times in an hour or 2 of play. I'm lazy, I smoke too much weed to be clicking 10,000 times in a day.

Just my $0.02 ... it's just a game. As long as they aren't, hacking I could care less how anybody plays BF2. There's a big difference between a macro and an aimbot, or a C4 chuck macro and a nametag hack.

Comment

Working...
                              X