No announcement yet.

Picking Up Guns - MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, I didn't know about replacing the pistol with an assault rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
      I think it's fair. I remember in CoD1+2 that when you picked up an enemy weapon, you received all of their extra ammunition and that was simply too much ammo...
      You can pick up ammo from dropped/dead guys guns which is probably why when you pick it up it only has on mag in it.

Walk over a weapon on the ground, you hear a sound, like something dropping, then check your ammo, if the gun had ammo (Bullets only) you got em!

I only start with 60 rounds for mp5 yet I find myself sometimes have over 150, I was like "where did that come from?" Until I realized what was going on.

Comment

Yup, picked up an M16 with an M203 and no nades, ran around a while and found I had some nades. Made the logical leap in assuming you can pick up ammo. Now if you could only pick up extra grenades.

Comment

if theres a weapon on the floor with a similar calibre round then you pick up ammo for it, though it's annoying sometimes if noones using a similar weapon to you

i've never managed to pick up 203's though

Comment

^ probably because everyone is sure to use their nades up within a few seconds of respawning.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
              And since I've started using the mouse scroll wheel for primary fire, my pistol kills have increased 1000%.
              You fire using the scroll wheel? *boggle*

Comment

i like being able to pick of weponds.

then you dont have to bother with that one perk for having 2 main guns. but i find it kinda pointless in this game to even bother picking up the guns.

Depending on what server you join if you have a good sized room fulled up its just spawn, kill a few die then repeat. kinda feels like your playing UT at some points just because all you do is spawn and get a few kills then die. expceally when your on a full server thats just full of kids nade spamming.

Comment

Originally posted by Seppuku View Post
                  You fire using the scroll wheel? *boggle*
                  This appears to be a common CoD tactic. If you bind Fire to MouseScrollUp and MouseScrollDown, you can get some insane rates of fire out of weapons like pistols and the G3 by rapidly flicking the scroll wheel up and down.

I tried it and found it to be effective, yet I'm used to doing it the old fasioned way. It feels like 'exploiting game mechanics' to me also and I'd rather feel like I earned my kills than 'trick' the game into doing something it wasn't meant to do.

:salute:

Comment

I hate auto-pickup sometimes.. I run behind enemy to knife him.. then that sound click.. enemy gets alerted and i get killed

Comment

I use mouse wheel up for weapon switch and mouse wheel down for firing. Its an insane and dirty trick.

Comment

The beauty is that you can assign two different keys for the same action, so you can have the regular Left-mouse key for normal shooting, but for a gun like the G3, you can also bind it to one of the mouse-wheel directions. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Working...
                        X