Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking Up Guns - MP

Alright,
    Is it just me, or is it useless 90% of the time to pick up an enemy weapon. You only receive 1 clip with it (at least I've never received more), and you don't get the grenades for the launcher - even if they had just spawned.

Does anybody else feel that, if you have expended a few of your own magazines, room should be created for extra ammunition when picking up enemy weapons?

I find myself holding onto my pistol rather than picking up an enemy weapon for this reason. What are your thoughts?

Your only picking up the weapon, your not stopping and searching the body . I think it's fine, its good that you dont get the 203's means you can't go spamming the map with them. I tend to use overkill so I have a decent long range and a decent short range weapon, I hardly find the need to pick up a weapon off the floor, and when I do i have no real issues with the setup. Afterall... You always have your knife .

Comment

It's realistic... you're not searching the bodies or anything.

Comment

I think it works well. Otherwise there would be no need for the Overkill perk. Picking up the oppt weapon gives you something, but not the full effect that Overkill does. It's all about balance.

Comment

I think it's fair. I remember in CoD1+2 that when you picked up an enemy weapon, you received all of their extra ammunition and that was simply too much ammo...

Comment

I always trade out my pistol for a gun when I have the chance, no matter what gun it is, except bolt snipers. Generally any gun will be better than the pistol when it comes down to it. Even the G3, it has the same slow firing, but more power and ammo.

The ammo amount seems fine, IMO. It's not like you can't just pick up yet another gun if that one runs out...

Comment

I always pray that I pick up a silenced P90. M16 main, P90 for stealthy stuff.

Comment

if you have bandolier as your current perk it will give you extra ammo on guns you pick up iirc

Comment

^^ Hmm, didn't know that. Alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse View Post
                    Your only picking up the weapon, your not stopping and searching the body . I think it's fine, its good that you dont get the 203's means you can't go spamming the map with them. I tend to use overkill so I have a decent long range and a decent short range weapon, I hardly find the need to pick up a weapon off the floor, and when I do i have no real issues with the setup. Afterall... You always have your knife .
                    Agreed plus there is always the prek bandolier for extra ammo.

Comment

I enjoy running around picking up weapons... until I get caught standing there while I'm switching... >.< !!! doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm
                        Agreed plus there is always the prek bandolier for extra ammo.

i also find that dying often enough ensures you dont run out of ammo =>

Comment

Uhm... I've picked up weapons before with more than a single clip. And there have been two rare occasions where I picked up a gun with an 203 and it still had a grenade for it. It couldn't be mine cause I NEVER use the nade launcher

Comment

ive never picked up a weapon with just the ammo in the clip. the low ammo count makes you have to conserve ammo, annoying as it is.

Comment

I only really bother to do this on S&D where you only have one life. TDM and the like, you respawn so fast it's hardly ever worth it. And since I've started using the mouse scroll wheel for primary fire, my pistol kills have increased 1000%.

Overkill is still a great perk since it gives you both of those weapons every spawn with full ammo.

Comment

Working...
                              X