Pb Init Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pb Init Failure

Hey all, first post, most of you may know me as EyeofG from the BF2 and 2142 boards, but whatever. ANYWAY:
    ok, so I have been playing CoD4 online and single player since it came out and I have not had any problems with it at all, I love the game. BUT, today I get this error message now

PB INIT FAILURE

Senses like PuckBuster is acting up and I don't know the problem is, other then PB is kicking for that error message. I have had NO problems with CoD4 since I installed it and now when I try and play on any online servers, after about maybe less then a minture, I get kicked off the server and gaven that message.

Please help

Just had this problem in Battlefield today...
    Make sure PB is not blocked by any firewalls, and download the PB installer and updater. Uninstall and reinstall, then use the updater. Sys.Op or Sniper1432 had a good "PB fix kit" that contained everything you needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
      Just had this problem in Battlefield today...
      Make sure PB is not blocked by any firewalls, and download the PB installer and updater. Uninstall and reinstall, then use the updater. Sys.Op or Sniper1432 had a good "PB fix kit" that contained everything you needed.
      Never had a problem with my firewall and puckbuster before and I don't think that would be it, but I will check the puckbuster site and see if there is a newer verison of it I need to get.

Comment

Easiest/quickest thing - uninstall PB completely, then grab a fresh version from evenbalance.com, install it, and update it. Then see if the problem still happens.

If you have a firewall or AV running, be sure they haven't done an automatic update that would "change" how PB is recognized and block it (ZoneAlarm does this all the time ).

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
          Easiest/quickest thing - uninstall PB completely, then grab a fresh version from evenbalance.com, install it, and update it. Then see if the problem still happens.

If you have a firewall or AV running, be sure they haven't done an automatic update that would "change" how PB is recognized and block it (ZoneAlarm does this all the time ).
          hmmmm
          kinda sounds like a pain :/

Comment

It quite quick actually, I fixed it in under 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
              It quite quick actually, I fixed it in under 10 minutes.
              It's working now, thanks for the help
              I just needed to update it.

Comment

lol it works? :yay:
                Yeah PB is a pain in the *** but is easy to fix once you know what's wrong.

Comment

When you say uninstall?

delete the entire folder called PB in the game folder?

Comment

Just use the pb update tool...

Comment

Working...
                    X