No announcement yet.

Need some help flying the gunship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skates! That was the answer! Changing the default controls from A-D for Steer Left, Steer Right to the mouse was the trick. I made the kb control Roll Left Roll Right, and only use them when I want to turn quickly, otherwise I do all steering now with the mouse and control speed with the kb. Much easier that way.

Been practicing on Suez single player. Can fly under through the highway tunnel now, and easily shoot down the bot gunship (not that that means anything, half the time it just flies into a building anyway). Am all set to get my arse kicked in real battles now, but at least I will now have a fighting chance. Also, I jacked all the settings up to 10 and can turn on a dime. I haven't flown into a tree in at least the last 10 minutes.

Also, tried those drivers for the 360 controller. They work perfectly, much better than the MS drivers where pitch and yaw wouldn't work, but I think I will stick to mouse +kb cause it is easier to aim. The website is hilarious. The guy who developed the drivers says "If your game doesn't support a gamepad, you can remap keys using a free piece of software, or if you have a credit card, you can buy Game Profiler which will do it for you. I don't have a credit card, cause I am only 15."

HAHAHA

Thanks for the tips,
    DD.

Whohoo! Success! In my first game flying nothing but the gunship in Suez, 79 points! Aircraft Service Badge, Titan Defender, and Combat Efficiency. Shot down the enemy gunship more times than he shot me down. Next round, not so good. There was a guy on my team who always wanted the gunship. I let him take it and rode gunner and he kamikazed us into a tank (and missed). Then thinking it was my turn when we spawned on the Titan, I ran for the gunship and the ****** shot and killed me, then grabbed the gunship for himself! A guy on my own team. Needless to say, playing with losers like that, we lost every round but the first one when he wasn't there to compete for the gunship. Most rounds their Titan didn't even have shields down to half when ours was destroyed.

Ho hum, at least it was great fun flying around shooting things up, and not crashing into trees (at least not too often). Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

DD.

Comment

Working...
    X