Bios...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios...

Ok, i'm sure you have heard of going onto your bios to increase the "AGP Aperture" size?

Well, i tried to do this many times and failed. I think there might be a problem with my computer going onto bios, because whenever i try to get on it (it says press "F2" to get onto bios on my cpu), it just freezes/goes black and i don't know why.

Is there a way to get onto your bios from the desktop or something? because it doesn't seem to want to let me on when the computer starts up.

that's really not good. lol. have u tried other buttons like F1 or Del.
    u could also try updating ur bios from ur motherboard's website.

but if u just want to get teh AGP aperature size....i think u could try this. not sure if it will work but its worth a shot.

download Rivatuner
    open rivatunr
    you should see two customize w/ triangle buttons. click the bottom one.
    then go to the Direct3D settings (icon withthe big green X) and then go to textures tab
    then under Texture memory settings, i think that mite be the agp aperture size. and u can change that

then close out of the D3D settings and do the same thing with the OpenGL icon

Comment

If all else fails, you could pull your CMOS battery and reset the BIOS. I assume you have an AGP card?

Comment

sorry, i'm not too "with" the lingo here, what is a CMOS battery?

And will it mess my computer up totally?

Comment

Your CMOS battery is the quarter-sized silver battery on the motherboard. It supplies power to the BIOS to retain settings while the computer is unplugged/off. By removing it, it will revert the BIOS to its factory-default settings, eliminating your custom settings.

Why are you trying to change your AGP aperture size?

Comment

it helps with gaming performance. (reserves system ram for video ram so it helps with games that uses alot of textures etc)

Comment

Working...
            X