Hard to find hardcore servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to find hardcore servers

I think it's a bit stupid that you have to look so "hard" after hardcore servers. you have to look at the server name, there's no way it's hardcore if it doesn't say so in the server name. And when you then join a hardcore server you have to ask weather FF is on or not. They could have done a better job. But I thank for hardcore mode, the normal mode is so arcade.

Originally posted by Hilde*dk View Post
    I think it's a bit stupid that you have to look so "hard" after hardcore servers. you have to look at the server name, there's no way it's hardcore if it doesn't say so in the server name. And when you then join a hardcore server you have to ask weather FF is on or not. They could have done a better job. But I thank for hardcore mode, the normal mode is so arcade.
    I have no trouble finding them. Just adjust your filter settings in the server search list.

Comment

Hmm, how do I have to set'em?

Comment

I wasn't aware FF could be turned on. I thought there was a bug that kept it off because my servers are bith ff off without any setting putting it that way.

Try my clan's servers. Both are Hardcore mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilde*dk View Post
          Hmm, how do I have to set'em?
          I'll let you know later. Just got home gonna experiment now.

Comment

It would be nice to have icons or something to quickly represent stock "hardcore" or "oldschool" servers in the browser.

Comment

I live in Hawaii so I can only find one hardcore server but it is a HQ server so everyone gets on the winning team.. it always ends up 16vs8... I love hardcore mode but I am not gonna put up with that ****.. the thing that really ruins this game is the fact they they allow team changing.. the server should put u on a team and that is it.. if they dont fix it all the kids will just keep doing that.... I love this game but im really pissed off right now about the way all these noob's play it..

Comment

The server browser is quite limited.

I don't like the fact the when you try to connect to a full server it dumps you back to the main screen.

Various filters are missing, hardcore mode being the most important one for me.

I'd also like to be able to enter certain values (like in BF2/BF2142 server browsers), such a part of a server name, or a maximum ping and get results based on my criteria.

Comment

If the dev's hang out on Charlie Oscar Delta, then maybe someone should make a post suggesting this. I can't imagine introducing a small "hardcore" icon can break that much....... can it?

Comment

how about favoritize from ingame?
                    connect to an IP from server browser?
                    Search for Servers?
                    Server permanant mode (ie. rotation of game types, or all HQ)?
                    Single Server Refresh?
                    A Buddy list so you can join on server?

Love the game, but the server browser is broked. As is the entire idea of teamplay with no ability to join up with buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                      I live in Hawaii so I can only find one hardcore server but it is a HQ server so everyone gets on the winning team.. it always ends up 16vs8... I love hardcore mode but I am not gonna put up with that ****.. the thing that really ruins this game is the fact they they allow team changing.. the server should put u on a team and that is it.. if they dont fix it all the kids will just keep doing that.... I love this game but im really pissed off right now about the way all these noob's play it..
                      The server admin should enable autobalance. That works very well.

When that sort of thing happens, if I'm on the small team, I spectate until the server evens the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
                        The server admin should enable autobalance. That works very well.

When that sort of thing happens, if I'm on the small team, I spectate until the server evens the teams.

Yeah but AB does not work right.. ppl just go back to the winning team.. they really need some kind of fix for this and soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                          Yeah but AB does not work right.. ppl just go back to the winning team.. they really need some kind of fix for this and soon..
                          Don't count on it. They gave basic autobalance and I doubt IW will expand on that. It's up to server admins to take care of anyone that keeps jumping to the other team, making them unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                            If the dev's hang out on Charlie Oscar Delta, then maybe someone should make a post suggesting this. I can't imagine introducing a small "hardcore" icon can break that much....... can it?
                            More options in the server filters would not hurt much either.

Like a ping cap, so servers above a certain ping wont get listed etc...

Comment

Working...
                            X