Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Suggestion

Hey all you snipers!

Well, after my hours of play, I have come to the conclusion that most snipers desire a silencer over the ACOG scope. However, while I do agree with this, I feel it would give experienced snipers too great of an advantage.

Yet, due to the map size, and the fact that even with UAV jammer a sniper rifle shot is shown on the radar, there should be UAV jammer upgrade of some sort for the sniper class.

This way, every time you take a shot on the maps, it isn't automatically known where you shot from, but it can still be heard. Maybe the upgrade could just give a less accurate UAV dot.

While I now love sniping, and don't have much to complain about, I just thought that something to make the sniper class a bit more efficient would be nice.

Snipers are supposed to be hidden, and with small maps + instant radar detection, it just doesn't always work out. Sure, tell me to move all you want, I do - I just would like to see this change.

i posted my sniper suggestions in the thread " things to make COD4 better ".

but i also agree with some of your ideas up there.

Comment

Ahh, never saw it Kr1kit

Comment

I know i've bitched about this alot, but something has to be done with the sniper breathing. A marksman, and especially a sniper, controls his breath by breathing in rhythm, real snipers don't hold their breath to shoot. And after holding your breath for 3 seconds, you hyperventilate and have a seizure which causes your rifle to go haywire and it takes you another 5 seconds to get it somewhat calm again. I'm good at sniping, but this breathing thing is ********. So I'd love to see that fixed.
        thats what i wrote in the other thread

Comment

If the snipers had no way of spotting, they would be too powerful.

Comment

Snipers have definitely been overpowered in previous versions, and in other games. I'm guessing that's why IW chose to make it take a second or two for scopes and such to stabilize in COD4 and make sniping less automatic for n00bs.

Comment

I almost never die from sniper fire. When I do it is because I made a stupid mistake like looking out a window or doorway. :dead: That's not smart.

Comment

I snipe a lot, with overkill and a Mini-Uzi, and it's really quite annoying how you only get an ACOG. While the ACOG is nice (a bit nerfed, IMO, but w/e) A sniper doesn't want a less ranged scope (though it can be nice on the M21) they want a bi-pod, or a variable zoom scope. A silencer, IMO, would not be worth it. The guns don't kill enough for the time it takes to aim already, why make it weaker? That'd be aim, hold breath for 2 seconds, fire, reload/aim again, hold for 2 seconds, fire.

BTW, I'm a camping sniper, so sue me. If you camp, they eventually find you, if you move, they see you running anyway. Either case has it's flaws.

Comment

I don't like the Acog one bit in this game... If they would change the crosshair to something else, and fix the "hit point" of it, then i would maybe use it.

Why they didn't use the "real crosshair" for the Acog in the first place?

Comment

since the prone block feature limits your prone movement, I think there should be a reduction of drift when a sniper is prone...this would be a nice bonus and make the class more appealing without making it overpowered. imo a sniper rifle should have a large amount of drift when standing to counter its great accuracy and range. going prone limits movement and field of view on these small maps, and would be an acceptable buff to the class.

Comment

Prone blocking prevents limbs from sticking through walls. It does happen sometimes, but not nearly as much as a game without it (BF series comes to mind). You just have to turn your body to get through a tight spot.

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                      I snipe a lot, with overkill and a Mini-Uzi, and it's really quite annoying how you only get an ACOG. While the ACOG is nice (a bit nerfed, IMO, but w/e) A sniper doesn't want a less ranged scope (though it can be nice on the M21) they want a bi-pod, or a variable zoom scope. A silencer, IMO, would not be worth it. The guns don't kill enough for the time it takes to aim already, why make it weaker? That'd be aim, hold breath for 2 seconds, fire, reload/aim again, hold for 2 seconds, fire.

BTW, I'm a camping sniper, so sue me. If you camp, they eventually find you, if you move, they see you running anyway. Either case has it's flaws.
                      I just tried the ACOG sight on a Dragunov, it has its pluses and minuses. You can just point and fire instead of having to steady it; but, there's less magnification.

Comment

I want a bipod, seriously! A bipod would make things so much better for sniping, hardly any games use them. And i want them to be able to deploy while you're standing, crouching, or prone. You should be able to walk up to a window left, crouch, and set your bipod down and have steady aim.

Comment

Originally posted by kr1kit View Post
                          I want a bipod, seriously! A bipod would make things so much better for sniping, hardly any games use them. And i want them to be able to deploy while you're standing, crouching, or prone. You should be able to walk up to a window left, crouch, and set your bipod down and have steady aim.
                          I Completely agree. It would make them a lot more powerful, but it would be more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tren View Post
                            I Completely agree. It would make them a lot more powerful, but it would be more realistic.
                            I can guarantee you that alot of people who don't snipe would complain, just like they do for grenade launchers. To counteract that, possibly the power of the rifles could be reduced?

Comment

^^ Requiring true sniper headshot kills. Everyone is happy.

I would definitely come back to sniping if I had a better rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X