The M16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The M16

I've unlocked the AR's, and I still have not found any of them to combine the versatility, power, and accuracy of the m16. As it is, it's a very accurate rifle that kills in 1 - 2 bursts (one of those bullets hits the dome and its good night.) With double tap loaded up, it goes from bad *** to freakin' wrecking ball death machine. Not to mention, the thing practically aims itself with the reflex sight. I'm not complaining, I love the damn thing. But my only question is: why make it the default rifle, and/or why make it the other rifles worse to equal to it?

Don't get me wrong, I've seen the AK used brilliantly and I use the M4 in the M16's place on certain maps, but I kill G3's and M14's at range (The burst fire and light recoil make it so hard to miss), I trade off with SMG's at close range, if a shotgun misses its first shot, too bad for him, and etc. The M16 just seems a bit too "good" to be basic. It's not overpowered or anything, I get killed all the time lol. But yeah...

I'm sad the M14 isn't as useful as I'd hoped too. After the G3 let me down I was looking for a good "Baur" to play with (I come from BF2142.) The G3 and the M14 are good, don't get me wrong, it's just the M16 can fit into their niche's, perform just as well, and still have CQC functionality.

What does the M16 do with Double Tap (I know what Double Tap does, but how effective)?

And yeah, it does seem too powerful now that you think about it. Close range they still don't have a chance against an M5 or Ak-47, provided that they know what they're doing.

I remember seeing a gun that looked so similar to an M1 Garand during Spectating while dead on S&D, I was quite shocked. The gun did a great job on long range. Anybody know what it's called?

Comment

I agree.. the M16 is best for mid to long range.. I used it up to the time I unlocked the G36C.. The M-16 does not move at all when aiming, The M4 moves alot.. and the G36C only moves a little bit.. if u didnt realize this then try them out and look at the red dot move around.. that is pretty much the only diff they are all .223 cal. and the M16 just has a faster rate of fire with double tap and it is not much more effective.. the best perk is stopping power.. for me anyway.. it takes like 1-2 less shots to kill someone

Comment

M16 + Red Dot scope, Stopping Power, Deep Impct, Extra ammo. your set to go.
        M4 just blows

Comment

M16/gl with sonic boom is for my main kit for long-mid range engagements. M4/gl and stopping power is for mid-close range. These 2 are bloody unstoppable.

Comment

With M16, the 3 bullet spray does come out fast, but with double tap, it makes it extremely good, and helps a lot in close range. I doubt its long range capabilities compared to the M14, I use the M14 a lot and with stopping power it's a 1 hit kill in the head. Someone with skill (me for example[lol]) can finish of many targets at distance with the m14, just takes practice.

But I do agree that the M16 is extremely good and easy to use, I see more people using the M4 though. But if someone is good with a weapon (and I mean like they are great with that only then they can probably take out any other person.

Did that make sense to you or am I just woffling?

Comment

@ Micster, that gun looking like the garrand is the M14, unlocked at level 46

Comment

I was all about the M4 and came back to the M16 recently to complete the challenges with it. Now after using both a bit more, I like the M4 for short/medium. Maps where I'm likely to come up against AK-47 and MP5 users. I like the M16 for med/long fights. The M16 drops guys faster, it just takes more skill up close.

Comment

My set up is M16 (Or M4) with the reflex sight, bandolier, double tap (stopping power with the M4), steady aim. Double tap really improves the CQC on the M16, where it's already competent, and because its recoil is so minimal, make it an accurate mid-long range bullet spammer. The M14 is an improvement to the G3 I think, but I still routinely take M14's down at long range. They take me as well, but I just think that the M14 (Classicaly, a DMR) should out-do the M16 comfortably at long range. With double tap loaded I take down SMG's and AK's most of the time as well.

I know the M16, G36, and M4 all shoot 5.56 (.223 is actually slightly larger than 5.56 and I used to think it fit, but some expert pwned me and I know purchase specifically labeled 5.56 ;p), but I don't know if they all do the same damage. It seems like the G36 and M4 take a lot more to down somebody for some reason. I'm not sure why... perhaps the designers took muzzle velocity into account for bullet damage?

The M16 of course has a bit more than the M4 for the longer barrel, and the A4 model also beats the G36E variant (COD4 uses the C variant I think) by 50 m/s.

Comment

I don't like the looks of the M16 with a red dot, so I use a GL instead. The M16 is definitely one of the best (if not the best) medium-long range guns.

Comment

ive been using the mp5 as it fits my play style a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                        @ Micster, that gun looking like the garrand is the M14, unlocked at level 46
                        Thanks, been wondering about it for a while now.

I find that I can do better with the Iron Sights on the M16 than a Scope or Dot Sight can. So I usually add a Grenade Launcher for that.

Going to have to try Double Tap for it now.

Comment

Just like Iwantcable, I can`t stand M16 with aimpoint or acog, looks too fricken ghey. I always put a m203 on it, even when I don`t need it: looks way cooler that way.

Comment

Yeah the M16 looks a lot cooler with the GL. But it it's like an aimbot with the reflex sight. Besides, the reflex sight is similar to the sights from the AR's in BF2142 so I'm a lot more comfortable with it lol.

Comment

You guys really care how your weapon looks?

I care about how my weapon fires. It could look like doodoo on a stick for all I care. :ar15:This is a shooting game not a dress-up and look pretty for the boys game. Freakin sissies.

(note to self: find cooler place to hang out)

Comment

Working...
                              X