No announcement yet.

The M16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also decided to go back to the M16 after seeing this thread and wow, I'm owning face with it lol! Great gun in all regards. I also like the burst fire b/c it's a good way of keeping one from getting into a spraying match.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1
      I think the G36 with the reflex looks awesome. However, for what its worth, I think that the M4 does everything the G36 does better.
      G36C + Silencer = my new found love

Comment

I tried out the G36 for a day. It doesn't suck, but it was... meh. The M4 has a much higher rate of fire, and with stopping power, it's an awesome close to mid range weapon. The G36 shoots too slow lol. It's pretty accurate for a carbine though... and I noticed the thing gets NO sway with the ACOG. Reflex sight > ACOG though.

Comment

G36 or G36C?

Both are awesome with Double Tap.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
            I hate the word "red dot sight"... it's a freakin' reflex sight
            So I'm not alone in this world?! :yay: Besides, most can turn green anyway, why does everyone hate on green?

G36 > M4 IMO, simply for the power. But that's with double tap, lol. Never used the G36C without DT.

Comment

EDIT: I inaccurately quoted an inflated percentage here. It is fixed in a post further down.

Green is a difficult color for a lot of males to see. About 70% of males have a problem with Red/Green colors. It looks grey to them. Less than 20% (I think it is like 15%) of females have this deficiency.

No, I'm not color blind but I have to take this into consideration for my job all the time.

(Kinda scary when you think of the two primary traffic colors being red and green... It's a good thing it is easy to remember that red is on top and green is at the bottom.)

Speaking of the G36C, I'm leaving work to go home and work on my weapon proficiency with that very rifle. See you on the field sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
                About 70% of males have a problem with Red/Green colors. It looks grey to them. Less than 20% (I think it is like 15%) of females have this deficiency.
                Can you link to the source for that info? I'm sure those numbers are way over-inflated. 7% maybe for males, but not 70%.

Comment

Its taken me a long while b4 iv actually set my heart on 1 weapon, i 1st tried the MP5 and got my red tiger Camo very quickly as i whored this for a long period of time. then i moved onto the M14 which i love on hardcore mode = 1 shot 1 kill. After the M14 i thought id try the G36C which is a very very good weapon IMO. But atm im loving the M4 i know it has a a sway on the iron sights but with a silencer its great.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                    Can you link to the source for that info? I'm sure those numbers are way over-inflated. 7% maybe for males, but not 70%.
                    Thank you for checking me on this as the figure I quoted was inflated by a factor of 10! The range quoted on Wikipedia is 7-10%. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

Hmmm, I need to work on my numerical accuracy. What can I say, I'm an artist.

Comment

On hardcore mode, one M16 burst to the torso is one kill. With stopping power (Recently, I've been enjoying stopping power more than double tap), the M16 is never more than a two burst kill, even against juggernauts. In fact, I was playing TDM last night and I was one bursting most people it seemed -- even the fresh ones. M16 = headshot machine.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
                        On hardcore mode, one M16 burst to the torso is one kill. With stopping power (Recently, I've been enjoying stopping power more than double tap), the M16 is never more than a two burst kill, even against juggernauts. In fact, I was playing TDM last night and I was one bursting most people it seemed -- even the fresh ones. M16 = headshot machine.
                        All ARs but the G36C and M14 are one hits on hardcore. This is counting one burst as one hit, 1 lone M16 bullet will not kill, possibly not even two. Of course, at a longer range this isn't true, but you get my point.

On regular play, though, stopping power will almost assure a 1 burst kill against a non-juggernaut, unless you're unlucky and get all leg shots or something.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                          Thank you for checking me on this as the figure I quoted was inflated by a factor of 10! The range quoted on Wikipedia is 7-10%. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

Hmmm, I need to work on my numerical accuracy. What can I say, I'm an artist.
                          I have been taught that men are much more susceptible to color blindness because the X chromosome passed from the mother is "larger" than the Y chromosome to determine the male sex from the father, meaning that the Y chromosome doesn't have enough genetic traits to match each of the X's, so some of the mother's genetics are passed directly to the male without bonding with a Y chromosome counterpart. This explains why males would have so much more color blindness, statistically, and females (Who are XX) have much less so, since they have another X chromosome which matches the mother's "size" exactly. But if the recessive trait for colorblindness is also on the father's X, then the female will be colorblind.

P.S.

I'm not colorblind, but the color green is the most indistinguishable to me.

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                          All ARs but the G36C and M14 are one hits on hardcore. This is counting one burst as one hit, 1 lone M16 bullet will not kill, possibly not even two. Of course, at a longer range this isn't true, but you get my point.

On regular play, though, stopping power will almost assure a 1 burst kill against a non-juggernaut, unless you're unlucky and get all leg shots or something.
                          Which is why I say the M16 is, IMO the most versatile AR in the game. Stopping power = one burst kill, with steady aim you have CQC functionality, and the burst is so tight that the bullets stay together even at longer ranges. Although, if they're behind cover, some of the bullets may hit that instead. I love the sound of the three "clicks" when a burst lands lol. TBH, I wouldn't cry if ID increased the M16's burst spread. The gun is really slightly too good to be a basic weapon. Or maybe they took the BF2142 approach and just made the unlocks "different" but not "better." Another thing I noticed is that the burst fire allows one to just aim in the general direction of the head and land head shots.

Comment

I've been loving the AK-47 lately. Its not uncommon for me to be fighting 2 guys with the AK and kill both of them through and through.

Comment

Blank just confused the **** out of me, so im just going to smile and nod and say, keep listening in Biology ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
                                EDIT: I inaccurately quoted an inflated percentage here. It is fixed in a post further down.

Green is a difficult color for a lot of males to see. About 70% of males have a problem with Red/Green colors. It looks grey to them. Less than 20% (I think it is like 15%) of females have this deficiency.

No, I'm not color blind but I have to take this into consideration for my job all the time.

(Kinda scary when you think of the two primary traffic colors being red and green... It's a good thing it is easy to remember that red is on top and green is at the bottom.)

Speaking of the G36C, I'm leaving work to go home and work on my weapon proficiency with that very rifle. See you on the field sometime.
                                If you are color-blind, it doesn't mean that you can't see traffic light being red or green.

It's when red-green(i think it's the most common color blindness) is mixed, and there is a number in the middle.

It doesn't affect your normal living in any ways since there isn't many places where you have to see those colors mixed and have to see number in the middle.

Only thing i have noticed that it has effected, when i was building radio, and when i had to put components in, there was suppose to be red-green-?(etc) color codes in them. And i couldn't see them.

Here's an example of the color-blind test.

Comment

Working...
                                X