This is getting really annoying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is getting really annoying.

I'd be playing and then suddenly my FPS goes down. Usually it's at 60+FPS, and then it will go down to 20 - 30. The only way to fix it right now is by alt tabbing, and then going back in. But it's getting so bad that I'll have to alt tab every few minutes.

This only happens on big maps like gulf of oman, highway tampa, kubra dam,etc, and only on BF2. I don't have this problem in any other game.

Any fixes besides alt tab?

Originally posted by Tomeis
    I'd be playing and then suddenly my FPS goes down. Usually it's at 60+FPS, and then it will go down to 20 - 30. The only way to fix it right now is by alt tabbing, and then going back in. But it's getting so bad that I'll have to alt tab every few minutes.

This only happens on big maps like gulf of oman, highway tampa, kubra dam,etc, and only on BF2. I don't have this problem in any other game.

Any fixes besides alt tab?
    have u checked your gpu temps lately?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
      have u checked your gpu temps lately?
      no... I don't exactly know how to do that, but I didn't really think it would be the temps because it only occurs on BF2. crysis is fine

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
        no... I don't exactly know how to do that, but I didn't really think it would be the temps because it only occurs on BF2. crysis is fine
        well your probably right if it dont happen on crysis, but rivatuner is a good prog to monitor the gpu temp.

how about your page file, is it working when the slow down hits? is it constant when the fps falls, like it never goes up?? did u use the console or fraps counter??

Comment

it prob has to do with ram. idk how it works, but alt tabbing helps make hte computer focus its ram on BF2. im guessing its becuz when u first open BF2, its like..Ok..it doesnt use that much ram (cuz ur just looking at the menu) but then it goes in game and the game starts using a lot of ram. then by alt tabbing, its sorotf like..making ur computer relook at BF2 and itll see..ok it needs more ram.

lol thats prob all crap but o well.

idk how to fix it but how often do u reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
            it prob has to do with ram. idk how it works, but alt tabbing helps make hte computer focus its ram on BF2. im guessing its becuz when u first open BF2, its like..Ok..it doesnt use that much ram (cuz ur just looking at the menu) but then it goes in game and the game starts using a lot of ram. then by alt tabbing, its sorotf like..making ur computer relook at BF2 and itll see..ok it needs more ram.

lol thats prob all crap but o well.

idk how to fix it but how often do u reboot?
            I doubt its ram, he said it runs crysis good so thtas pretty strong pewter.
            but load bf2 & in process' make it the highest priority will or could help.

you can check your ram by makin sure its not peaking,open up task manager, then load up your game start it play a minute or 2 & alt+esc & take a screenshot of the task manager & post.

Comment

Ok well, I think I might have narrowed it down a bit. when AA is at 16x I have to alt tab every 5 minutes. The lower the AA is, the less I have to alt tab. When AA is completely off, I don't have to alt tab at all.

I'm thinking maybe it's the game itself, and maybe even a driver issue? (I'm using 163.75WHQL) I remember a while ago when I was playing a map on Point of existance mod and everyone who was on that server was complaining about having to alt tab every few minutes because their FPS was going down.

I'll still check out what the page file is doing, and how much RAM Bf2 is using up, etc, but for now, the only fix other than alt+tab that I've found was lowering AA to x4.

It's just so weird... it never happens on karkand or jalalabad. It happens often on gulf of oman, but it's the worst on highway tampa. And it seems viewing the entire map is a bad idea. When flying the jet around in highway tampa, I have to alt tab so much that there's no point flying.

Comment

Working...
              X