No announcement yet.

New bugs after Patch 1.40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kits saves are stored locally, in your Profile.con file.

They look this this:

LocalProfile.setCurrentProfileKitSetting 0 2 1 2
    LocalProfile.setCurrentProfileKitSetting 0 2 2 0
    LocalProfile.setCurrentProfileKitSetting 0 2 3 0

Comment

hmm...then how hard is it to make it work correctly? i don't see why DICE struggles so hard with what seems to be simple fixes/updates. makes you think that the foundation of the game is so horribly coded and therefore makes patching and implementing new features unnecessarily hard, and at times nearly impossible. (e.g. EU gunship bug)

Comment

I am also dealing with the Kit Saving issue. I also had my first CTD since owning the game from day one. On the gunship platform of the Titan, and was fixing the loadout of my kits, once I clicked "done" it went to the CTD.

Comment

I've downloaded and installed the patch with no problem at all, maybe people who do have problem with it might have installed some beta versions previously or something (my installation was on a "clean" 1.25 version).

I've played the 1.40 for a couple of days now, the changes are minimal and if you forget about Highway Tampa and the semi-functioning autosave for kits, everything else looks exactly as it was before the patch, including some major glitches.

For example: the wall RDX exploit has not been fixed at all, enemies can still blow you away from the outside if you stick too close to the titan corridors. Also, last night I run into a guy that kept shooting everyone drop-dead from any distance (and even while moving) with Lambert 2 shots. I don't know if the best players in the world started playing again with Highway Tampa or it's just aimbots all over again (probably the second one).

A note about Highway Tampa: The map is huge and totally flat, with infinite amounts of armor vehicles. It's clearly designed for 64 players and unless you have a death wish, everyone should play mixed armor teams (2+ tanks, 1+ APC) with close air support all the time. This means that snipers not very close to home bases and mines are extremely "weak" as assets here. On the other hand, well-hidden anti-armor infantry can work very well instead. Most critical point is of course the crossroads, if you can keep it you will probably occupy 50% of the rest easily.

A note for CoD4: There are a few quite spectacular new games out, including CoD4 and Crysis, but I hate games over-loaded with political messages (watch the CoD4 scenery, no comment).

Comment

Well, I read the entire post and did not see this, but I installed the patch and my F# keys no longer work. I cannot switch between seats in vehicles. Havent figured out a reason why they are no longer working.

Other bug is the "light armor" bug where it is all turned off by default. Thats OK for me, since I dont use the armor, but since someone else mentioned it and it wasnt suppose to be that way, I thought I would as well.

Not saving kits.

Thats all I've seen. The F# key thing wouldnt be such a big deal except its a little hard boarding a titan from an APC.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Greaterbeing View Post
              Well ive got a whole new problem, before i reinstalled the game a month ago i did not have to rename my radial file.. my map loading gets 75% then freezes up like it used to.. go to my BF2142 folder to change it, change settings to show important files and the radial file isnt there... Grrr *Headshot BF2142* Goodbye once great game..
              You sure you looked properly in the folder? You have to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected system operating files". The press "show hidden files and folders". The radial file should show up now. Hope that helps.

Comment

would be nice if we could decode the kitsaves... i'd like to save all my preferences before i enter the game so i'd have more time to spam pageup and pagedown while waiting for the game to start =D

Comment

Not really bugs but have noticed these 2 things on tampa.

This happened on back to back titan tampa games. When the explosion scene comes up, the shields are still up.

And while commanding, there were some video issues on the roads.

Comment

oh RIGHT, forgot to mention. there was that shields-up bug where shields are supposedly down but we still can't land on the enemy titan.
                    anyone knows why that happens? it's unlikely hacking.

Comment

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
                      would be nice if we could decode the kitsaves... i'd like to save all my preferences before i enter the game so i'd have more time to spam pageup and pagedown while waiting for the game to start =D
                      hhahaha. You can spam those without getting the "Go somewhere else soldier" messages?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. A few unlock configurations seems to have trouble with the new kit save feature, this is something we're looking into though. If you have a kit setup that definitely causes it to reset or change, please PM me the details so we can look into it.

Comment

Sentience thx for the reply, can you also look into the transport pod issues, on ff-on servers I have noticed that if you are pilot and say go over a silo and multiple people pod at once I somehow end up teamkilling 1 or 2 people, not sure how that is possible, and it is not just that I am a bad pilot because I have been teamkilled by pilots as well while podding with the same result, I pod and am instantly killed giving the pilot a negative score, it seems to happen when 4-5 guys are trying to pod out at once like when you first start the beginning of a round. Just my experience, I haven't tried to see if this happens on ff-off servers but doubt it would because of the settings.

Thx

Comment

oh come on! you poor little babies have to put the right gun in you kit before a game boooooohooooooooo get over it! the patch is a big improvement and the kit customization was an add on anyway so im sure you can learn to live without it.

one thing i actually did manage to do is jump off a ladder but stay standing on it and could shoot people, not sure how useful that would be though

Comment

Been having tons of fun the past week with the 1.4 patch. Haven't experienced any new bugs or crashes, and the changes are great. Kit saves seem a little wacky (most of the time they're right, but every once in a while it'll swap out, for example, the Baur for the Krylov, or the IDS-1 for the IPS Shield) but overall it's nice having things already set up.

Now if we can just talk DICE into fixing the "enemy APMs tagged with 'friendly' marker" and "friendly APMs not tagged with 'friendly' marker" issue that's been around since Day One....

Comment

Kit saves are totally random here. Sometimes I get the Baur, sometimes Voss yet it never gives me my actual weapons Scar or Krylov.
                                Pilum is also always switched with the standard rocket launchers. And so on. Basically everything is messed up each time I join a new server.

Comment

Working...
                                X