New bugs after Patch 1.40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
    What makes me worried a little bit is the lack of people playing. All my favorite servers - pre 1.4 full, are now empty. And it doesn't matter how long you wait for people to join the server - no one comes. Is there a graph that shows online players before and after the patch?

Comment

Remember, that graph above me has been magnified at least 100 times.

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
        What makes me worried a little bit is the lack of people playing. All my favorite servers - pre 1.4 full, are now empty. And it doesn't matter how long you wait for people to join the server - no one comes. Is there a graph that shows online players before and after the patch?
        My clan's BF2142 server is still as busy as ever with just as many people after the patch as before.

Comment

the reason why the saveable kits dont work maybe is because the servers keep crashing who knows.

also if you cant get further than your soldier in login when getting a timeout error alt tab out the game and allow bf2142 to go around the interwebs :P

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
            haha. i think this patch was one of the last nails in the coffin for this game. with dice it seems like its a never ending cycle. make a patch, create a whole new set of problems, try to patch that, then repeat new problems, etc... this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

lol might sound stupid but what if they just stopped making them patches and just rebuilt bf2142 on a new engine and this time add real blood in it instead of white blood.

Comment

Patches??????

Don't you know by now that EA's patches are like cheap band-aids, you just have to keep on replacing them over and over.

Comment

I got the light armour bug last night. Started playing and I kept getting killed quickly. I thought I was a bit rusty or playing against good players....I then remembered what someone said earlier and went to the Kit custimisation screen. And low and behold the heavy armour box was unchecked!!

Comment

I think the surest indication that the kit customization feature doesn't work properly is the following:

I downloaded the patch.

I joined a game.

I had stuff in all my kits except the Recon, without ever having using the kit customisation before. And it was mostly stuff I don't use very often (IE: I didn't use the last time I played).

Other than that, I like the patch. (Mostly because it boosted my SCAR and Bianachi :P)

Comment

would have been much better if they just utilized a local file that contained the loadout. how hard can that be, DICE? c'mon... this is getting pathetic...

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                        would have been much better if they just utilized a local file that contained the loadout. how hard can that be, DICE? c'mon... this is getting pathetic...
                        So did they decide to make kitsaving serverside?
                        That is brilliant, its no like they already have a working profile system for graphics etc. on the client. And of course more load on their servers are a good thing :shakehead

I think they missed the first "S" in the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid) :wall:

Comment

Can't imagine why the kit info would be serverside. Surely an addition to one of the local profile.ini's would be better. If it is serverside - maybe this was the cause of the server instability.

Comment

Well ive got a whole new problem, before i reinstalled the game a month ago i did not have to rename my radial file.. my map loading gets 75% then freezes up like it used to.. go to my BF2142 folder to change it, change settings to show important files and the radial file isnt there... Grrr *Headshot BF2142* Goodbye once great game..

Comment

As usual a patch comes out and you get all the usual idiots complaining that it's a POS. P**s off and play another game then!

People complaining they haven't fixed this or that, was it in the release notes that they were going to? NO!

And as for the people saying the kit customisation is server side :rofl:

Yes the kit customisation doesn't work properly, yes it's mildly annoying but otherwise this patch has done a lot of good.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
                                And as for the people saying the kit customisation is server side :rofl:
                                I haven't bothered to download the patch yet, but is should be easily enough to test for those who have: Are there any relevant entries added to your profiles?

I remember that the Beta kit saves would reset if you used the release version, which seem consistent with local files.

Comment

Working...
                                X