is the beacon dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
    ... pulse scanners can detect beacons too?
    my you learn something new every day, even if the game's ancient =D
    Supposedly yes, I've used it in that context once or twice before.

Don't know if it still does that though.

Still not as useful as the IDS, since you can triangulate enemy locations from that to indirectly figure out where a beacon is anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
      Yes and No. Now you can get spawned out of bounds really easily, which means that you can't place it near walls, and you have no movement which makes you toast if someone is camping your beacon. However, it is still a very useful tool when placed properly
      Playing Camp G last night I placed in the alley that leads from Toll to Ruins. I placed it by the inside wall, I think the alley is about 5-10m wide, thinking that would be far enough away that it wouldn't land me on the other side of the outside wall. Nope, first spawn drops me about 5m into the out of bounds.

I almost always use the otus instead. If you have a squad that moves together with 2-3 medics and a couple support the otus is incredibly good. I will spawn in sometimes with the beacon if attacking as PAC but once I place it I come back with the otus. I would rather have my squad spawning on me instead of somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
      X